Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R36 Wagon - Power Tailgate closing issues?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    Thanks mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Wags,

Finally received the part. I believe the part number is 3D0 959 831 D 20H. You can see it in the photo I've attached.

Cheers,
    Damo.
    2010 .:R36 Wagon - Biscay Blue
    RNS510 | SatNav | DynAudio | MDI | 9W7 Bluetooth | Sunroof | Power Tailgate | Factory Tint
    TBC - Lowline RVC

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman View Post
    So far, so good. A week in and it's still working!
    That's great. Is the loom in question in the top right hand corner when the tailgate is open?

Cheers,
    Damo.
    RNS510 | SatNav | DynAudio | MDI | 9W7 Bluetooth | Sunroof | Power Tailgate | Factory Tint
    TBC - Lowline RVC

Quote Originally Posted by damo_t View Post
    That's great. Is the loom in question in the top right hand corner when the tailgate is open?

Cheers,
    Damo.
    Gather so Damo,

The giveaway was that the service dept. found that the fail to close only happened at the top of travel- which is the only way I ever use it. If the close button was pressed 1/2 way all was good.

I am pretty sure we have it now as previously it's just been a case of throw parts at it in the hope it would solve it.

Cheers

Chris
    CR Audi RS3
    PW Golf 7 GTI

It was of course too good to be true. After about 3 weeks it failed again.

This time they think it's the latch which is not correctly signalling whether it's open or closed therefore leading to weird communication with the close switch. It's the only part which hasn't been replaced at least once.

This must be about the 10th time in for this fault. On the plus side, Burwin continue to be terrific with an interesting variety of loaners to drive while they ponder.

I'll report back....
    CR Audi RS3
    PW Golf 7 GTI

Sorry to hear mate.

Look forward to your next update, and hopefully a permanent fix.

Cheers,
    Damo.
    TBC - Lowline RVC

Users Country Flag
    It was of course too good to be true. After about 3 weeks it failed again.

This time they think it's the latch which is not correctly signalling whether it's open or closed therefore leading to weird communication with the close switch. It's the only part which hasn't been replaced at least once.

This must be about the 10th time in for this fault. On the plus side, Burwin continue to be terrific with an interesting variety of loaners to drive while they ponder.

I'll report back....
    My MY10 R36 wagon has the same issue
    It started off as an intermittent issue where it would occasionally not work. I would just push the button again straight away and it would close no problem. Now it doesn't close at all!!
    I haven't had chance to investigate where the problem is just yet.
    Hopefully I can find the culprit quicker than you have managed.

I had the same issue wit my MY10 wagon when it was 2yrs old - failed to close intermittently, usually after it was in the sun for a bit. Putting the key in the ignition would often make it work again. Very long story short it was only fixed after replacing the motors in the roof.

Users Country Flag
    I've found that the tailgate still closes if I reach up and push the outer button next to the RVC. Hopefully then it is just the inner button that has failed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    This has happened to me since my car was about 6 months old. More often that not, the tailgate didn't close...

So far, 2 x control module replaced and the tailgate switch was replaced as well.

Last week the car was again in for this issue as I was at the point where the tailgate was never closing. This time they have replaced both motors which power the tailgate. In <6 events since the new motors, so far, so good. I'll leave the jury out though.
    Hi - same issue for me but with a "normal" 2013 Passat wagon.
    Can I please ask you what control module you had replaced and where it is located please?

TIA

Users Country Flag

Finally we have closure....

This time they checked out the wiring loom and lo and behold a crimped wire was culprit and it was only coming into play at the top of the tailgate travel- presumably with a short.

Up until now I felt that it was just a matter of throwing everything at the problem. I reckon we have a fix this time
    Hi 2muchcoffeeman

I appreciate that the issue has resurfaced since this post but I'm pretty sure mine is also a wiring issue - sometime the boot shuts when someone opens a door ...
    could you please elaborate on the wiring loom that was looked at and where the dodgy wiring was found please?

TIA

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast