Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R36 - Time to look for a new battery

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Thanks guys ended up buying a Varta G14 last night on eBay - took advantage of the 10% discount + cash rewards so it ended up costing ~$90 more than NRMA.

Delivery was made today (kudos to Trackwarrior for sorting it out so quickly). Also bought a CTEK MXS5.0, would it be recommended to run a charge on the new battery with it prior installation?

Julian the battery is made in Germany, would this still be the "retail" Varta's you're referring to?
    I used Trackwarrior too! My delivery was anything but straight forward but it wasn't the resellers fault - more the incompetence of the national distributor. Actually Trackwarrior gave me a discount for my trouble, which was appreciated.

You can read about my trials and tribulations here: R36 MFD Error

I just secured the new battery in position, connected it up and haven't touched it since.
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Must have been a massive fail from the distrub. I emailed them in the morning and got a call by noon telling me it’ll be here in 2 hours time. Mind you I didn’t place the order till 12am.

Battery change was easy, a bit tight around the neg and the sparks scared the **** out of me

Users Country Flag
    It really must be that time of the year. With the colder weather (even here in Brisbane) I'm noticing a definite slow initial crank before the engine kicks over.

I've also had two DCC DCT codes 00145 and 00143 in the last month. I think when I dive right for the engine start when inserting the key, the low voltage causes the damper diagnostic to fail (found a notice about an Audi DCT for DCC being caused by low voltage on ignition and related firmware fix to prevent false errors). Enabling the ignition and waiting a few seconds before starting the motor has so far not resulted in another error).

TL;DR
    I need new battery too. Any links to a quality AGM battery?

Varta AGM - G14 | eBay

Don't forget to use the 10% coupon + cashrewards.

Trackwarrior is great, I got mine from them as well with superb customer service. The guys did say to check out their own website as well. You could ring up and see if they would price match ebay

anyone know whether CENTURY DIN85LH MF AGM ISS

Shopping

is good for R36?

from what i can see, it has same specs as Varta G14

Varta DIN95 AGM Start Stop Battery

trying to support OZ made while I can
    Last edited by louiz; 20-03-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12