Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R36 Technical Information and DIY.

Users Country Flag

The answer to my own question is no it doesn't have a replaceable filter. (At least not on the 2009 model)

Retired23 Guest
    Hi,
    Can anyone specify the differences between the MY08, MY09, MY10 & MY10.5 models?

Users Country Flag
    I have different wheel weight of the standard 18" Omanyt wheel vs what user "gead" stated on the first page. I weighed mine with 50% worn tyre (Michelin Pilot Sport 3) and total weight was 23.4 kg. New MPS3 tyre is ~10kg based on tirerack.com specifications, so I'll allow 1.5kg weight loss for tread wear. This brings wheel weight to ~33 lbs (15kg).

As for the MY changes, I'm curious too. I know the MY10 I have has an LCD MFD dash display and blue needle instruments vs the red of the earlier series.

Users Country Flag
    MY09 got White MFD with new cluster already
    MY10 got the newer climate control
    MY10.5 got MDI as standard
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    I was wondering the same thing!

Hello, just to recap on the 19" (& 20") wheel questions for the R36 wagon, could anyone pls help out with the following info:

1) What is the actual centre bore on the R36? (found conflicting info)
    2) What size tyres are you rolling on and how do they ride (strapes, bumps, noisy etc) on 19's or 20's?
    3) Is there any wrong way of calculating the right fitment and tyres? I've had a look on willtheyfit.com and just trying to understand for real life how it reflects & what tyre width and profile etc (assuming standard R36 suspension thus far)...

Your assistance is much appreciated

Centre bore is 57.1mm

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjak View Post
    Centre bore is 57.1mm
    Thanks dannyjak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Apologies, but I've been unable to find this information, nor do I currently have the time / tools to pull off my wheels.

Can someone please let me know if the R36 uses Wheel Lug Bolts of Wheel Lug Nuts? What should I be ordering when fitting after-market wheels (and subsequently are they both measured as M14x1.5 27mm?)

Thank you
    No more running wild...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fried View Post

Can someone please let me know if the R36 uses Wheel Lug Bolts of Wheel Lug Nuts? What should I be ordering when fitting after-market wheels (and subsequently are they both measured as M14x1.5 27mm?)
    They're bolts. Wheels only need to match the PCD of the wheel hub, have similar offset, and be at least as large a diameter & width of original so to maintain handling balance, braking balance, and AWD balance. You may need to read up some into this if you aren't staying with original spec.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast