Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R36 Front right dipped beam (xenon) not working.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    They are d1s
    I was referring to blergen's question about the B7, my B7 definitely has D3S bulbs, I have the box they came in. They must of changed to D3S at some point.
    Last edited by MIG; 05-08-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Thanks MIG, yes definitely a D3S bulb on my B7. I'll give it another go.
    Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    I was referring to blergen's question about the B7, my B7 definitely has D3S bulbs, I have the box they came in. They must of changed to D3S at some point.
    Ah ok sorry was referring to the thread title.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Figure I'll jump onto this thread - my lights are working, but I'm getting an error thanks to my high beam on the righthand side. I understand the xenons are always on 'high' and have a reflector that moves out of the way when high beams are active. Apparently I have an electrical fault stopping this from happening, so only my left high beam will turn on.

I understand it's not a serviceable part and that you need to replace the entire headlight, or that it's sometimes the controller that needs replacing.

Fault code 02499 - Electrical error in circuit

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Simo; 08-07-2022 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added fault code

Users Country Flag
    That code is for a Right Low Beam Reflector Motor (V295)

Open up the back cover of the light and check if any of the wires look damaged or frayed; I have heard of these having the insulation fail and shorting out.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Thanks MIG, I'll check that out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12