Thread: R36 Brakes

R36 Brakes

hi,

newbie here. so go easy...

just bought a R36 today. i'm out of the country so it's with a mate, but wondering that's the general feedback on the stock brakes that came with it.

and what options are available? i think the R36 is based on the golf Mk5 (or 4 or 6?) so i'm wondering if the brake kit from one of those will bolt across without having to thinker with it too much?

Users Country Flag
    The R36 is built on what's called the PQ46 platform.
    Mk5/Mk6 Golf are PQ35.
    So they are closely related, but PQ46 got a lot more fruit as it's a more advanced platform.
    With that said the stock brakes are the same as the MK6 R so they are quite good.
    Wouldn't see a need to jump into upgrading them unless you're tracking the car, or just want the big brake look (which isn't a cheap exercise as to upgrade you're looking at something like Porsche 6 pot Brembos or similar)
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

No intentions to track it. Just that i have a thing about brakes and tyres...

Thanks for the info. Now to look at some random boy racer stuff.