Thread: R36/B6 parts on B7 Wagon

Users Country Flag

R36/B6 parts on B7 Wagon

Hey All,

Still loving my VR6 B7, but having owned it for 18 months it goes OK but it needs to be woken up a bit.

There seems to be no performance parts available for these unfortunately, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried a B6 R36 exhaust (aftermarket) on the VR6 B7. Can't see why it wouldn't fit as B6 to B7 was just a facelift.

Anyone know of any places that sell R36 exhausts in Australia at all? Shops that sell bolt on gear seem to be pretty rare. Now that Exhaust Technology is closed here (or maybe they just moved?) I'm not sure where to take it (I'm in Adelaide) if I was to get a custom system built.

Users Country Flag
    I assume you are making reference to your V6 FSI Highline Wagon.
    They do 0-100km/h in 5.7sec, quite brisk...

Depends how far you want to go... Turbo kit perhaps???

I have not heard anyone refer to their Passat as a VR6 before?

I understand your reference to VR6 though...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    I assume you are making reference to your V6 FSI Highline Wagon.
    They do 0-100km/h in 5.7sec, quite brisk...

Depends how far you want to go... Turbo kit perhaps???

I have not heard anyone refer to their Passat as a VR6 before?

I understand your reference to VR6 though...
    You're correct, but I thought it was important to outline it's the model with the VR6 engine, the same as the R36 Passat.

It's a daily driver so I just want it to sound good and free up a little power. I have a series 6 RX7 for weekend/track.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex_ View Post
    You're correct, but I thought it was important to outline it's the model with the VR6 engine, the same as the R36 Passat.

It's a daily driver so I just want it to sound good and free up a little power. I have a series 6 RX7 for weekend/track.
    Nice, for the B7 they introduced the 3.6L V6 (220kw / 350Nm), so all in the know, would know...

Great car by the way...

Also, Series 6 - WOW!!!
    I used to run a Series 5 RX-7 Turbo II back in the day.
    Love the rotaries and the series 6 onward is a beautiful shape...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vortex_ View Post

Exhausts are very $$$ for a off the shelf solution.

Catback only as well, since we're obviously all RHD and most of the Euro cars are LHD. Nobody makes an exhaust manifold.

I'd very likely assume that a catback will work, however I don't know. I can get some photos of my stock R36 exhaust or if you're local you're welcome to come around and have a look (Tasmania).

In terms of power, only real option is a DSG tune and a "stage 1" engine tune unless you're going big power. However 220kw is plenty fast enough for a daily car in my opinion, I'm assuming that you drive it around in D as opposed to tiptronic yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Nice, for the B7 they introduced the 3.6L V6 (220kw / 350Nm), so all in the know, would know...

Great car by the way...

Also, Series 6 - WOW!!!
    I used to run a Series 5 RX-7 Turbo II back in the day.
    Love the rotaries and the series 6 onward is a beautiful shape...
    It's marketed as a V6, correct. It does not make it a V6..

E.G Audi Markets the 3.0SC motor as a 3.0T, which is wrong/misleading/dumb as it's a supercharged motor.

The engine layout is physically a VR6, not a V6 in these. B5.5 and B5 Passat's came in 90 Degree V6's so I can see why it can be good to clarify (albeit a bit of a moot point as you've mentioned)
    Last edited by Matt86; 23-07-2020 at 03:17 PM.