Thread: R36 (Australian) DRL DETAILED install for AliExpress DRL's

Users Country Flag

R36 (Australian) DRL DETAILED install for AliExpress DRL's

Hi Guys,

Ok finally got around to editing this video - took ages, coz it's loooooooooooooong
    YouTube - R36 DRL Install

Ive seen a few installs of these on youtube, and it was immensely helpful to get me started, but I was obsessed with the DRL kit being installed as if VW had installed it (that's supposed to be a measure of quality).

If a repair needed to be done to the car, all parts of the car had to come off exactly the way the VW workshop guide intended, no wiring looms or access restrictions were tolerated in this install - it is as close to factory fit as I can think of.

I didn't want to roll up to my indie VW workshop for a service and they ring and complain that my dodgy LED's were in the way, so they burned half an hours labour working around a crappy install, no no no - that won't do here.

It details all the steps you need, the testing you need to do and the wires you need to connect into - no running of wires through firewalls and fuse splitting - it integrates to the headlight and ignition system perfectly - and rather easily I might say.

This install is fused with the main headlight circuit, and it's earthed to the correct point in the car.

No fires or reliability problems for my R36 (or any R36) for that matter.

Hope you enjoy guys - and nice to finally start giving back with some vid's.
    G

PS: Coming up next, will be my install vid of the Joying 9" full HD touch screen Android unit
    R36 | Biscay Blue, Jetta V GT (Golf GTi with a boot really), Touareg T5 Luxury (300,000 K's and going strong)

Enjoyed your video! thanks for posting it.
    A very decent install.
    I ran my conduit along the inside of the bottom lip of the bumper. very easy placement with the bottom short rubber panel off.
    I noticed you piggy backed into the blue/back wire. I was hoping to power off something that was activated when you unlock the car. like, when you unlock the car at night, the headlights come on.
    For now though, the lights come on when the ignition is on.