Thread: R36 - 19 inch wheels

R36 - 19 inch wheels

Hi all.
    I have researched this but can't find a definitive answer.

I can pick up a second hand pair of Audi wheels with near new rubber that I really like.

My R36 is dead stock and no lowering etc.

The wheels/tyres I'm looking at are 19-245-35 - stud pattern is 112 and the offset is ET35.

Will these wheels fit (I know many 19s do) or are the tyres too big or offset wrong? (I know R36 is 44)

Any assistance greatly appreciated as I haven't seen this combo previously in threads......

Thanks all.

Chris

Users Country Flag
    On my B7 Passat I was running 235 35 19 for about 60,000km with zero issues and I had lowered my car with H&R springs. Get the right alignment and you will be fine.

Running 245 30 20 on the same lowered springs and had rubbing but a wheel alignment sorted that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

It's a great deal as I need new tyres, so thought I'd try and pick up some different wheels at the same time and the tyres are 80%.

Would definitely do a wheel alignment - it was mainly the 245 tires and offset that worried me.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackR36 View Post

It's a great deal as I need new tyres, so thought I'd try and pick up some different wheels at the same time and the tyres are 80%.

Would definitely do a wheel alignment - it was mainly the 245 tires and offset that worried me.
    As my car is lowered, at the rear, it was rubbing a small tab in the rear fender.

The front was hitting the outer edge of the splash guards. Now it barely rubs at the front and doesn't rub at the rear.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackR36 View Post

Hi, I have OEM VW Omanyt 19*9J ET40 rims running 255/35 all round (the rims look exactly the same as the stock R36 rims).

This rim and tyre combo, on stock R36 suspension, do not rub at all at the front, but there was some rubbing at the back on a high compression with light load (think rear outside wheel under speed and load on a corner). That was fixed with very some minor negative camber in the rear and some work on the bumper and quarter panel join. Further, these Omanyts are usually fitted to the lightweight V8 Phaeton (yes that's a relative term) so I know that they can take the weight of the R36 with a load and some spirited driving. Lowering is not an option either for this combo given clearances.

With a 255/35 tyre (Michelin PSS) I can meet/exceed the load requirement on the tyre placard, anything smaller doesn't get you to carrying capacity on the placard. I understand in Europe the R36 also carried placard details for 235/35/19 as they were an option, but not on Aus cars. In other threads on the topic there has been some discussion on that point and also the offset that works on an R36.

At an ET of 35, I think it may be worth checking fitment. There are a few tyre calculators around, this one is pretty useful.

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

cheers
    R36 Wagon MY2010.5: Biscay Blue| Dynaudio and Nav| RVC| VW tow bar|
    Mod highlights:
    ECU and DSG Tune| 3AA CCM and 7N0 Gateway| 3D colour MFD| MIB2 retrofit and 7N0 RVC| Quad LED tail, brake and indicator rings| Zimmermann Sportbrake rotors, composite pads| TPMS High| 2Q0 Blind Spot and RCTA| B8 rearview mirror|

That's fantastic advice above and I really appreciate the time and effort taken.

It sounds like they should be ok and further research suggests the offset is preferable at 35 than 44 if going 19s.

I'm currently in hospital so getting a fresh look at a great second hand price has kept me occupied.......

This is mine anyway!