Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: prn31's Biscay Blue MY10.5 R36 Wagon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tinto View Post
    $290 is a great price for bolster repair.
    I was quoted $700+ so let it slide.
    I was quoted $280 by a local auto trimmer...mine isn't bad enough to warrant repair yet but I was curious to know for when its completely squashed...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So this morning I started up the R36, put in reverse and found the OPS graphic display appeared in my head unit for the first time since I bought the car a week ago. Plus the front sensors came into play too.

I'm not quite sure what I did to make this all happen, but I'm relieved as I thought there may be some malfunction or error. Could it possibly have something to do with either the ACC or Front Assist? I've used neither but maybe I've inadvertedly reset something in my MFD?

Quote Originally Posted by tinto View Post
    $290 is a great price for bolster repair.
    I was quoted $700+ so let it slide.

Getting my bolster redone for a lot less than that next week. I'll take some pics then.
    MY19 Tiguan Wolfsburg w/roof (on the way)
    MY09 R36 Wagon
    MY12 CC V6 (sold)
    MY12 Scirocco (sold)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by prn31 View Post
    So this morning I started up the R36, put in reverse and found the OPS graphic display appeared in my head unit for the first time since I bought the car a week ago. Plus the front sensors came into play too.

I'm not quite sure what I did to make this all happen, but I'm relieved as I thought there may be some malfunction or error. Could it possibly have something to do with either the ACC or Front Assist? I've used neither but maybe I've inadvertedly reset something in my MFD?
    Sounds like gremlins.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Must be Sydney tax.i paid 150 to get both front seat door side bolsters done

Mmm, my OPS worked for about a minute this morning and then it stopped working. Must be some sort of intermittent fault with the sensors. Has anyone else had this problem?

Users Country Flag
    Need to get a full scan on your car to narrow it down. Haven't ever had that happen. Could be the parktronic controller at a guess...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Need to get a full scan on your car to narrow it down. Haven't ever had that happen. Could be the parktronic controller at a guess...
    Something to discuss with the selling dealer then. I have a 3 month statutory warranty to play with.....

Users Country Flag
    nice one. i have a full rvc kit for passat wagon if you are interested. It was left over from my passat as i wanted to option rvc however the tsunami happened and there was a camera shortage. in the end, they were able to get the passat ordered with camera so it has been spare for quite some time in storage. pm me if interested.

*edit* nevermind, i see you have a source for one, all good.

Also, on the ops issue, if it was aftermarket fitted then the positive connection needs to be hooked up to permanent power, if not then you will have intermittend ops. check ops controller pin 1 to see if it is ignition switched kl30 or not.
    Last edited by booba; 13-06-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    nice one. i have a full rvc kit for passat wagon if you are interested. It was left over from my passat as i wanted to option rvc however the tsunami happened and there was a camera shortage. in the end, they were able to get the passat ordered with camera so it has been spare for quite some time in storage. pm me if interested.

*edit* nevermind, i see you have a source for one, all good.

Also, on the ops issue, if it was aftermarket fitted then the positive connection needs to be hooked up to permanent power, if not then you will have intermittend ops. check ops controller pin 1 to see if it is ignition switched kl30 or not.
    Hi booba, I was wondering when you might enter the discussion! I've seen from other posts that you are very technical.

About the RVC, I haven't done anything yet. I was going to source from here:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-Volkswagen-Reverse-Camera-for-Golf-Wagon-Passat-Wagon-Jetta-and-Tiguan-/151015389360?ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:AU:1123

I figured that it was a very good price, he's local and would be able to fit the camera and do the VCDS programming as well. I'm not too good when it comes to automotive electrics. However I will send you a PM regarding your RVC.

As my R36 is an MY10.5 I'm presuming the OPS was a standard item? Or would it have been dealer fitted? I note that the PDC Module J446 is fitted in the right side of the luggage compartment - but I'm not keen to fiddle with it.

Whilst I have your attention, I'm not sure what Bluetooth I have. I'm yet to get all the documentation on my car and wonder whether when my car was originally sold by the dealer (June 2010) would they have fitted a 9W7 factory kit or possibly the Kufatec Fiscon? Is there any way of finding out, without trying to remove the module from under the driver's seat?

Many thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast