Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor heavy braking performance after replacing the front pads

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by m_azza View Post
    About five months ago I had my front rotors machined and I replaced the front pads on my B7 Passat alltrack. Since then the braking performance has declined considerably and its driving me crazy. I replaced the front pads with Bendix euro plus pads thinking they were good, has anyone else been through a similar situation and what are the go to pads these days for a OEM replacement pad that are dustless? as I'm thinking of replacing the pads again.
    I'm not saying that it couldn't be as simple as incompatible brake lining on your new brake pads and without seeing your car this maybe harder to diagnose, but it can happen when DIY, simply because you don't know how the ABS system works and its complexity.
    The ATE Ceramic or even new genuine pads will not necessarily fix your problem, if the replacement hasn't been done properly. Taking your car to a good workshop or even dealer and explaining what you done will shorten diagnostic time and may be the cheapest option.
    Last edited by Transporter; 29-11-2019 at 06:58 AM.

I have changed many sets of pads in the past, there is no so called special procedure to replace the front pads on a Passat. The only difference apart from every other pad that I have replaced in the past was the wear sensor plug. Does anyone know of a reseller that supplies ATE pads at a reasonable price? I've spoke with hsy today and they advised they will not sell to the public.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by m_azza View Post
    I have changed many sets of pads in the past, there is no so called special procedure to replace the front pads on a Passat. The only difference apart from every other pad that I have replaced in the past was the wear sensor plug. Does anyone know of a reseller that supplies ATE pads at a reasonable price? I've spoke with hsy today and they advised they will not sell to the public.
    Then all is good when you’ve done it before.
    How were the brakes under heavy breaking before you replaced the pads?
    I’m not picking up on you just trying to help you to find out what potentially went wrong?

The brakes were working perfectly under heavy braking before hand the only reason why i changed them was because of the pad were worn. If there was something wrong with the braking system I would have thought there would be a light on the dash right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12