Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCV replacement on 2006 Passat 3.2LT 4motion

Users Country Flag

PCV replacement on 2006 Passat 3.2LT 4motion

Well, it's been a while ... and in that time I managed to add another 15000 or so K's in my old VW Passat. SO, thus far I've done 314K. Unfortunately, that time has come AND the PCV has s**t itself and now needs replacing.

I've had no choice but to disconnect the crankcase vent pipe and to temporarily (naughty naughty) vent to the outside so the engine doesn't race up and down and I can drive the vehicle to my friends place.

I remember Ian did a nice video on R36 but my vehicle has 1 pce manifold and the bolts positioning is different from those in Ian's video.

Question is - has anybody done this job on a 3.2LT engine or can point me in the right direction to a instructions/video on how to?

From memory the diaphragm/parts are available for an US site

Cheers
    2006 VW Passat Sedan 3.2lt AXZ, FSI 4motion, another milestone - 350K ... and still going

Users Country Flag
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks mate, yes that's the easy parts but how to do the job? $64K question ... Someone told me in passing that with 1 pce manifold (where those front manifold bolts are parallel to the ground) the bumper has to come off as well?
    2006 VW Passat Sedan 3.2lt AXZ, FSI 4motion, another milestone - 350K ... and still going

Users Country Flag
    Intake manifold and valve cover comes off easy enough.

Hardest part is digging the PCV valve out of the cover.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Intake manifold and valve cover comes off easy enough.

Hardest part is digging the PCV valve out of the cover.
    So, the bumper off it's not true?

Just noticed that with my "by pass arrangement" I'm now also getting ABS fault code - is that normal?

Users Country Flag
    Bumper off? No, not at all.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    I recently ordered one, not that I need it now, it's just for parts stock up
    Ordered on 22 Aug, arrived 7 Oct, 46 DAYS!!! So be prepared
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Thanks guys, I was physically & emotionally exhausted when I asked "Just noticed that with my "by pass arrangement". I'm now also getting ABS fault code - is that normal?". My friend disconnected the ABS when he was fault finding? Not a 100% sure actually why but he did. When re-checked the looms & cleared the fault codes, went for a drive the EPC/ABS lights didn't re-appear.

Yes, I emailed
    RKXTech and they advised my that the kit is basically the same as for R36. That made me wonder (for a moment) how could same kit fit a smaller engine but I realised the R36 engine stroke length is probably longer but the overall engine dimensions remain the same.

Definitely a good news about the bumper

I know you guys reckon the bumper doesn't have to come off but ... I've come across this youtube video and the last comment (you'll have double click on View 4 replies) is a bit discouraging as it actually says the bumper (at the least) has to come off. Has anybody done this on job on a 3.2Lt engine with 1pc manifold?

Users Country Flag

If that's the case, you'd be pulling the bumper, radiator, a/c condensor and entire core support off.

I reckon you could just pull the fans out the bottom and have enough room to get it out.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast