Thread: Passat rear camera not working

Users Country Flag

Passat rear camera not working

Hi all,
    I purchased this 2014 Passat wagon recently with the rear camera not working, to be honest not sure if it ever worked, when working on the defect found the camera control module was exposed to water with connector pins corroded.
    I would like to know if purchased another control module with the same part number and s/w version from a wrecker, would it work on my car or do I also have to do long coding using VAG COM which unfortunately I don’t have.
    your suggestion and ideas highly appreciated. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    The coding should already be correct if it's from the same car and part number.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you for your comment Kamold, I should try to find one camera controller then.

Users Country Flag
    I could have exactly what you need. Removed the highline camera module, camera, bluetooth module and RNS510 when I swapped to a RCD330 unit and the lowline composite camera. Perhaps we can work something out. My unit came out of a my 13.5 passat alltrack

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi mtbboy41,
    At the moment I have an aftermarket headunit installed, original rear view camera being used on it but I still like the look of the RNS510 hence trying to fix the original set up. So if you were to sell ur RNS510 and its camera control module, how much would you be looking for.

Users Country Flag

Hi Tvis3
    The setup is worth at least the price of a RCD330 unit as I have it all if something should happen to my curent rcd 330 unit and I need to put it all back. Also there is a light scratch on the screen of the 510 unit. Its only visible from certain angles but still there and that might not suit you.
    Cheers