Thread: Passat B7 on KW DCC Suspension

Passat B7 on KW DCC Suspension

Hi all,

Has been a while since I've been on here so thought i'd share my most recent mod.

Basically one of the rear DCC shocks on my 2011 B7 Highline V6 had failed. Working with my mechanic (shout out the James at Audvolks), seemed that replacement KW DCC shocks would be a more worth while exercise then replacing just one shock. With the car up in the air, many of the bushing were starting to show signs of age. As the $$ signs were starting to add up, decided to get just the front arm bracket and bushing done at the same time.

Ended up at Eurozone in Ringwood for supply and install of the KWs and Superpro arm bracket / bushing.

The final result, at the highest setting the car is now as low as i'd ever like to go. Some minor scraping on the way out the drive way (weird dip so was expecting it). Ride overall seems a little firmer in comfort, but feels a lot less boaty in all settings. Have only had it in Sport twice so far and have noticed a lot better steering feel (maybe the front arm bracket and bushing causing this). Normal seems to be the best setting for me due to the rebound / ironing out of bumps being what i like.

Anyways let me know what you think, photo is below. Happy to answer any questions if anyone is thinking installing them -

Passat B7 on KW DCC Suspension-img_1154-jpg

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the write-up! Car looks a good height I'm interested in KW DCC setup too. I'm confused as to how the height on your car changed though, seeing as you only replaced the shocks, or are they actually coilovers? Can i ask how much the KW setup cost? Cheers