Thread: Passat Alltrack B8 windscreen replacement - Melbourne

Users Country Flag

Passat Alltrack B8 windscreen replacement - Melbourne

All,

Can anyone assist me to get my 2016 Passat Alltrack B8 windscreen replaced. Vehicle has the sunroof and ADACS fitted, so will need calibration.

Dealer quoted me $2k, O'Briens quoted me $1k. Have read numerous horror stories of aftermarket glass not fitting or being to the same standard as OEM glass.

Anyone got a reliable contact, and help me avoid traps for young players please?

Best regards,

Gerald

Users Country Flag
    I had mine done through insurance and the factory screen was $661 (I saw the invoice at parts dept) . The insurances nominated installer came to the dealer and installed the screen and the dealer then re calibrated the cameras. Total cost to insurance was a bit over $1400. this was about 4 years ago. I was told to insist on a factory screen and it was no dearer than Obriens who are ripoff merchants. They wanted $550 for a Cruiser screen. Got it done with same screen for $245.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldb View Post
    All,

Can anyone assist me to get my 2016 Passat Alltrack B8 windscreen replaced. Vehicle has the sunroof and ADACS fitted, so will need calibration.

Dealer quoted me $2k, O'Briens quoted me $1k. Have read numerous horror stories of aftermarket glass not fitting or being to the same standard as OEM glass.

Anyone got a reliable contact, and help me avoid traps for young players please?

Best regards,

Gerald
    Genuine VW Windscreen Part No: 3G0845011ATNVB
    Price: (circa) $850-$950
    Independent Install: (circa) $300 - $400 (VW will NOT replace your windscreen)
    Calibration of Windscreen at VW Service: (circa) $200

Sunroof is irrelevant, also it is ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) not ADACS.
    Your camera and rain sensor get removed from your existing screen and are placed in the plastic holder that comes with the new screen.

Stay clear of O'Briens...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you!

VW Melbourne quoted;
    Glass - 3G0845011ATNVB - $782
    Film - 7N0955609 - $111 (Gel Film required for the Rain Sensor - I wonder if O'Briens include replacing this?)
    Labour Fit & Calibrate - $1,013.64 (I assume this means they are fitting the Windscreen?)
    Total - $1,906.64

O'Briens quoted;
    Supply & Install replacement glass (AAA standard in excess of Australian requirements) $1,154.00
    Second round price when I exclaimed re the cost of the windscreen $982.00
    *I've never had a vehicle with ADAS previously, so my most expensive screen replacement to date has been around $400.

Sunroof clarification following a previous thread on this forum that mentioned Sunroof issues following a windscreen replacement by a high volume windscreen supplier/fitter. Good to know that won't be a problem.

Thinking of getting the dealer to do it to avoid any pain - I'm a little OCD and time poor, and would prefer to get it done right first time.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldb View Post
    Thank you!

VW Melbourne quoted;
    Glass - 3G0845011ATNVB - $782
    Film - 7N0955609 - $111 (Gel Film required for the Rain Sensor - I wonder if O'Briens include replacing this?)
    Labour Fit & Calibrate - $1,013.64 (I assume this means they are fitting the Windscreen?)
    Total - $1,906.64

O'Briens quoted;
    Supply & Install replacement glass (AAA standard in excess of Australian requirements) $1,154.00
    Second round price when I exclaimed re the cost of the windscreen $982.00
    *I've never had a vehicle with ADAS previously, so my most expensive screen replacement to date has been around $400.

Sunroof clarification following a previous thread on this forum that mentioned Sunroof issues following a windscreen replacement by a high volume windscreen supplier/fitter. Good to know that won't be a problem.

Thinking of getting the dealer to do it to avoid any pain - I'm a little OCD and time poor, and would prefer to get it done right first time.
    Dealer wont be doing it. You are far better to talk to the insurance company as I did and they nominate a fitter and get it done by them at the dealers who then do the calibrations. Dealer will just farm it out to cheapest guy.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 06-05-2022 at 06:05 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Dealer wont be doing it. You are far better to talk to the insurance company as I did and they nominate a fitter and get it done by them at the dealers who then do the calibrations. Dealer will just farm it out to cheapest guy.
    As above!!! Totally agree...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)