Thread: Passat 3C tdi TCM location

Users Country Flag

Passat 3C tdi TCM location

Hello guys. I am struggling to find the TCM of a 2006 2.0tdi Passat. It has a 02E trans. I have checked the fender, under passenger side mat under front seats in boot but still no joy. Please help

Users Country Flag
    Whats a TCM when its at home I have the workshop manuals for a B7 so may be able to help
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Transmission control module?
    That's part of the mechatronics which is behind the black cover on the front of the transmission. You can see the plug for it if you remove the airbox...but why do you need to know it's location?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Oh thanks, I suspected that but I wasn't so sure if I was correct. There no Drive whatsoever and the Park release solenoid is not even responding when I press the brakes. I have a Transmission fault :28775 - No Communication with Gear Selector ModuleU0103 - 000 - - MIL ON
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 11100000
    Fault Priority: 0
    Fault Frequency: 255
    I tried replacing the shifter assembly but that didn't work. so I thought I should make sure there isn't any other item to check before changing the transmission

The round 20 pin connector has only 8 wires where it plugs into the Trans. There are two wires that are at the 10 Pin shifter connector that go to the Transmission, I checked them for continuity and they seem to be ok. This has led me to the conclusion that my mechatronics unit/TCM has 'dropped the mic'. Does anyone know if getting a secondhand transmission is a good idea vs getting the Mechatronics unit repaired. The issue I have with second hand is that the broken parts are usually the same age as the secondhand parts so there's no telling when they will breakdown again.
    Last edited by Sanity; 17-05-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Hello Hillbilly
    I managed to workout the issue on my Passat. The shift lever is not getting power at pin 10 of the connector. I was looking at a wiring diagram which I downloaded from VWerwin something.. So I fed external power to the connector and I got drive and the error went away.
    Now that's most of my problems solved. The remaining issue is this, according to the wiring diagram power should come from fuse 13 of holder C through bridge 331 (B331).
    Firstly my wiring diagram is not a reliable source because it says its from Nov 2011 on-wards. Mine is 2006 and secondly it does not show me the location of B331, and Its not clear whether fuse box C referred to is the one on the left or the right a pillar as they have the same shape on my car. Are you able to help me with this info from your workshop manual?
    I have stitched together pics from the wiring diag I used.Passat 3C tdi TCM location-basic_equipment_nov_2011-png

Users Country Flag
    Sorry havent got any diagrams like that as the stuff I have is mainly on how to pull car to bits but doesnt show them. Ive sold it and may have deleted some of the Passat stuff
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Fuse box C is the main interior one on right side of the dash.

However I believe for earlier B6 that pin is getting power from SD16 (red with white trace wire) 5amp. So on the left side of the dash panel.
    Last edited by kamold; 19-05-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks a lot guys for your support. The fuse is indeed on the left fuse panel. I used my circuit tracer and there was a dry contact behind the panel. This weekend I will put the car together and take it for a spin.