Thread: Open door displayed

Users Country Flag

Open door displayed

It seems my electrical problems are coming at the one time. My MFD is displaying the front passenger door is open when it’s firmly shut. I’ve made sure the interior light is not on. However I hope it’s not draining the battery in some other way. I can’t see an obvious switch that senses the open door. Does anyone know where a micro switch is located?
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Users Country Flag
    The door control module detects the door state via the lock mechanism.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Broken wire in door loom????????
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks kamold and Hillbilly. So it sounds more likely to be a faulty door lock or wiring. Although replacing a faulty control module is not an unknown experience. Do you know if it's difficult to determine if the door lock is performing as it should?

Users Country Flag
    You can do an output test in VCDS on the door control module.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks kamold. I did as you suggested. VCDS identified the front passenger door controller as 1K0 959 702 P. I did all the output tests and had the fun of hearing the door lock and watching window go down and up! The result was no fault codes found.
    So I guess it's time to look at the actual door lock itself and the wiring.

I've watched a few YouTube videos on how to replace a VW door lock. These videos showed Mk5 Golf, Jetta etc. One said dirt in a relay is the common cause of failure and another said failure of the circuit board is typical. Some showed removing the inner door card and others showed removing the outer door skin. Does anyone know which method is required for a 2007 B6 Passat?

Also, if I fit a new door lock mechanism that includes the controller, is any programming or adaption required?
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Users Country Flag
    Just inner door card. The outer skin thing is for Golfs.
    Door control module is separate to the lock actuator. You can replace the actuator without having to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Just inner door card. The outer skin thing is for Golfs.
    Door control module is separate to the lock actuator. You can replace the actuator without having to do anything else.
    Thanks a million kamold. Very much appreciated. I might take a brave pill and see how far I can get with the job.