Thread: No start issue

Users Country Flag

No start issue

Hi all, I have a 2.0 tsi. It was working ok but was getting the intake runner error so swapped out the intake. Now Key fob isn't working and have to open the door using the plastic key. If I use the plastic key no other door unlocks. I had to use the plastic key when entering the car to pop the hood to change intake.

Only certain electrics work, park lights, radio and we'll not a lot else. No dash lights, no mfd and definitely no start. Battery is 12.3v.

I have a ross tech cable it now can't communicate with any modules.

I've double checked the electrical connections that were unplugged when changing the intake and also checked engine bay and rhd driver's side fuses all appear to be ok.

The night before it died I happened to walk past the car and noticed all of the dash lights were on and thought....that's weird.

I've read a million posts about people with similar issues but still not having any luck.

Would really appreciate any assistance!

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by PoloMint View Post
    I've double checked the electrical connections that were unplugged when changing the intake and also checked engine bay and rhd driver's side fuses all appear to be ok.

The night before it died I happened to walk past the car and noticed all of the dash lights were on and thought....that's weird.

I've read a million posts about people with similar issues but still not having any luck.

Would really appreciate any assistance!

Thanks all
    I am sure a lot would like to know what you did last night when the dash lights were on.
    Did it not start at all after the intake change or did something happen over night??
    How long have you had the car.
    Might have to physically remove the fuses and check them. If the cable is not connecting, would be difficult to diagnose, what error did you have before hand??
    Being in SA, you might want to contact Transporter on the forum for a professional opinion.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    I am sure a lot would like to know what you did last night when the dash lights were on.
    Did it not start at all after the intake change or did something happen over night??
    How long have you had the car.
    Might have to physically remove the fuses and check them. If the cable is not connecting, would be difficult to diagnose, what error did you have before hand??
    Being in SA, you might want to contact Transporter on the forum for a professional opinion.
    Thanks for the reply mate, I've only had the car about 2 months and have been sorting out a couple of issues it had. Initial codes p2015 intake runner & p2187 lean.

When I noticed all the dash lights were on it was late so I just opened the door using the plastic key and tried locking it again to see if they would go off, which they didn't. Went out the next day and replaced the parking switch, car was dead then actually and I assumed it was a dead battery (car had been sitting for a bit). Then proceeded to swap the intake out.

I have pulled all fuses for inspection and tested the ignition relays (439 from memory) under the dash.

Was it in good working condition before??
    I would get a pro to have a look, limited info re a TSI engine any way as I have a TDI.
    Just write down all the parts/things you have done for them to understand, might be a long haul to get it to work. Good luck

Users Country Flag

Would start with unplugging the battery for a few mins let everything fully discharge.
    To wake up the gateway try just putting the hazards on and pressing the brake, flash high beams a few times, then see if you can get diagnostics working to scan with VCDS.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500