Thread: Nasty shock when I returned to my parked R36

Users Country Flag

Nasty shock when I returned to my parked R36

Went to a meeting during the week, and parked in a quiet side street just off a busy main road. Returned an hour later to find drivers and right rear doors damaged. BMW X5 reversed across 2 lanes of traffic. According to the shop owner across the road my car was tipped up. Left rear wheel damaged by being jammed into the curb. Steering is stuffed as to travel straight ahead the steering wheel needs to be turned slightly to the left. Drivers door can’t be opened, so had to shimmy across from front passenger side. Not easy when you are 6 foot 3!

The X5 driver left their details with another shop owner which is something I guess, but you wonder just how they managed to do that.

Panel shop tells me it will be at least 5 weeks before I get it back.

Can’t seem to upload photo from my iPhone - error message!
    2010 Passat R36 - Icelandic Grey / BT / MDI / Power Tailgate / RVC / Cargo Management System / 19" Lugano Wheels

2005 35th Anniversary 350Z - Ultra Yellow / Stillen True Dual Exhaust / Motordyne MREV 2 and Plenum Spacer

Users Country Flag
    oh that sux.
    great way to ruin your day.
    at least they left some details, hopefully the B pillar isnt damaged.
    VW rides: 04 R5 touareg (wifes), 05 R5 touareg (sold), 05 Passat sedan v6 (sold), 2010 r36 wagon, 68 beetle (sold)

other rides: 00 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja, Renault sport 225

2010 R36?! Not total loss?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvester View Post
    2010 R36?! Not total loss?
    Yes 2010 R36. Not a total loss as parts have been ordered by panel shop. Just hope it feels the same when I get it back.
    2010 Passat R36 - Icelandic Grey / BT / MDI / Power Tailgate / RVC / Cargo Management System / 19" Lugano Wheels

2005 35th Anniversary 350Z - Ultra Yellow / Stillen True Dual Exhaust / Motordyne MREV 2 and Plenum Spacer

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Looks as good as new now, but drivers door needs just a little more grunt to close.

in the last three months had to replace the windscreen from a stone thrown up by a SUV, and then a few weeks later got rear ended which required the rear bar to be fully replaced.

My wife thinks the car is jinxed!