Thread: My car got the error P029900

Users Country Flag

My car got the error P029900

My car got the error P029900 the other day. Is there anyway to know if the turbo is failing or broken?

Users Country Flag
    If turbo is broken you wont be going very fast. A description of the fault would help as not everyone has a Passat
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Dont jump to the conclusion that your turbo is damaged - turbos are very simple and therefore very reliable. Not saying that it might not be damaged but there are other things to check which can trigger the P0299 error code, like a boost leak from a loose hose clamp or a damaged rubber boost pipe etc.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well the problem is the turbo actuator (if that's what it is called) that was found to be not working. Does anybody know what the part number is? Car is a 2012 125kw 4motion saloon

This is the part number I have found by googling various sites for a turbo actuator for my car 03L253010FV.
    Can somebody confirm that it is the correct part. Also is there a later version of this that I can use?

I have found that I can buy the part brand new on ebay at half the price of the ones advertised on sites in the UK. Then I found I could get the part even cheaper yet again off aliexpress. I am a bit skeptical about buying an engine part made in China. Should I be concerned?