Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Alarms/Warning Lights

Multiple Alarms/Warning Lights

Recently my B7 TDI had the dash light up like a Christmas tree and multiple alarms showing in the MFP. Restart and they go out only to come back on again. Often it stats with a quick jab from the brakes and the first warning is ESC Not Working, followed by the ABS.

Took it to an auto electrician who tested the battery (it's fine) and cleared the (many) codes. It was fine until I got home and the next start it all started acting up again.

None of the engine functions seem to be affected. Systems that show errors and stop working include: ESC, ABS, Auto Stop/Start, TPMS, ACC (cruise control), bend lighting control and sometimes hill hold and auto park brake.

Can anyone give me some clues as to where to start looking? It's booked back into the auto elec next week but initial indications are that he's not sure what the cause is either. Faulty electrical connection, communication error?????? I've had a quick look at all the fuses and nothing seems amiss there.

SO disappointing. I love this car and have had a really good trouble free run out of it so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multiple Alarms/Warning Lights-img_1410-jpg  
    MY 13 B7 TDi Highline, Electric Seats, Driver Assistance and Visibility Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, one of the last 125kw cars brought into the country

Users Country Flag
    You need to check for faults using a diagnostics scanner.
    All of these will point to a problem with the braking system, possibly with the ABS module.
    Ideally post the full scan results from VCDS if you can otherwise whatever diagnostics tool you can.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    wheel speed sensor?
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PHA View Post

Took it to an auto electrician who tested the battery (it's fine) and cleared the (many) codes.

It's booked back into the auto elec next week but initial indications are that he's not sure what the cause is either.
    When you take it back to the auto elec. make sure that he/she gives you a copy of the "test" report before you hand-over your credit card. You paid for the test- so it shouldn't be a problem getting the test results. Always get a copy of the test report (before the errors are cleared) - regardless of whether the fault is repaired, or not - because it might be useful in the future. It's also likely that the auto elec has a copy of the previous test on the car on his laptop - if so, get a copy too of this report,

If the auto elec doesn't solve the error/fault, take a photo of the relevant parts of the report and up-load to a third party hosting site (like imgur, or dropbox). Then paste a copy of the link for the picture here

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 21-08-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Can just go to "Advanced" / Manage Attachments and directly upload photos on here
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

How old is the stop start battery.
    If more than 3 yrs, I would change it anyway. These have been known to cause errors on MFD with nothing actually going wrong-car drives and operates fine. Don't worry about battery testing ok at the auto electrician. The cars have a very low tolerance and after multiple stop starts and cold starts the battery voltage drops and supply drops triggering the codes.
    Rest as others have mentioned already.
    Good luck

I just changed the battery (today) on my 3 year old Tiguan. We have access to good battery test gear and on the first test it showed the battery had no problems but then we did a torture test so called because it loads the battery for about 20 minutes and the battery committed suicide during that test. While buying the battery we were told by the work shop foreman that it will need coding to maximise its life but this is only possible on genuine batteries apparently so it goes in tomorrow to get done. I think the reason it the battery died is lack of driving and cold weather, I doubt it has been driven more than 3000km this year.
    Last edited by Ozsko; 25-08-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I just changed the battery (today) on my 3 year old Tiguan. We have access to good battery test gear and on the first test it showed the battery had no problems but then we did a torture test so called because it loads the battery for about 20 minutes and the battery committed suicide during that test. While buying the battery we were told by the work shop foreman that it will need coding to maximise its life but this is only possible on genuine batteries apparently so it goes in tomorrow to get done. I think the reason it the battery died is lack of driving and cold weather, I doubt it has been driven more than 3000km this year.
    Well, that is a load of old cobblers, the reason they want to code it to the vehicle is purely for warranty reasons.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Well, that is a load of old cobblers, the reason they want to code it to the vehicle is purely for warranty reasons.
    No its not its so it can optimize charging as the battery gets older the car charges it differently
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    No its not its so it can optimize charging as the battery gets older the car charges it differently
    That's not what they told me today at VW, have you got a VW source that confirms that. I don't mind either way TTTT as the stop/start has not worked for months and I was charging the battery every second night to keep it going hoping when the weather was warmer and I was driving more it might limp along a bit more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast