Thread: Passat Memory Seat Motor Rebuild - Bosch 0130002652

Users Country Flag

Lightbulb Passat Memory Seat Motor Rebuild - Bosch 0130002652

Not sure how common this issue is but here's a guide on how to fix your seat motor memory.

My 2011 Passat driver's seat stopped remembering where it was and the easy entry function stopped working.

VCDS show the position sensor to be stuck at 65550

02340 - Seat Fore/Aft Adjustment Motor (V28
    005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

I did not find many spares online, so I decided to pull the unit out and have a look.

The brushes and winding were in really good condition for the amount of moving my heavy backside all these years.

Passat Memory Seat Motor Rebuild - Bosch 0130002652-20220209_115059-jpg

The resistance between the two senor leads was an open circuit, so I bent the tabs back and opened it up.
    Once open, found a very simple circuit with one resistor and hall effect sensor.

Passat Memory Seat Motor Rebuild - Bosch 0130002652-20220205_193034-jpg
    No one has a stock of the original chip, due to the global shortage, but after digging through many datasheets I found a suitable replacement.

Element 14 - A1326LUA-T

All the specs for the hall effect sensor are the same, but the original was marked for automotive uses.

Passat Memory Seat Motor Rebuild - Bosch 0130002652-20220209_130440-jpg

The new hall effect sensor came, soldered it in, resistance on the sensor pins now was 13.3K ohms.

Passat Memory Seat Motor Rebuild - Bosch 0130002652-20220209_112233-jpg

Reinstalled the unit, ran the adaptation (Don't need diag tools for this) by running all the seat positions to their limits and holding the button for 5s.

You will get a bing noise once done,

Time to enjoy your easy entry again.
    Last edited by MIG; 09-02-2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added more images
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    Well interesting as I had the same problem and VW wanted $1013 for a new base with the controls in it .

BUT I remembered it had done the same when I had a flat battery so I charged the battery and it was perfect.

Had exactly the same symptoms as yours No voltage and open circuit etc.

Another thing if you have it sitting back beyond a certain point it also wont work. Found that out in my Tig and took it in and they showed me what it does or in my case didnt do so only had to pull it forwards an inch and all good now Hope you didnt do all that unecessarily
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I tested the sensor out of the circuit with my multimeter, open on all leads.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro