Thread: Loss of power/ shudder at 1200rpm

Loss of power/ shudder at 1200rpm

I have a 2010 tdi 125 highline upgrade Passat, I’ve recently just had the egr valve replaced and before that a intake carbon clean however I now have a whole car shudder and loss of power at 1200rpm between 45-60kms between the gears 3-5 going up hill and or under load sometimes on flats and down hill changing gears around that rev range especially cold with the heater on, on start up in the mornings I have what I think is an injector tick but goes away after some warm up time, it doesn’t happen in any other rpm or gears, when the egr failed the cam shaft sensor code 0022 came up but was cleared and no code again after replacement of the egr valve. I have asked doctor google and it says it could be 5 things egr (done), software update ( not sure about this one), injectors either dirty/failing or timing is out (done at 105) or bad fuel.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
    Last edited by Passatdi2010; 17-06-2021 at 03:51 PM. Reason: To clearly add more details

Users Country Flag

Ho

I had 2009 passat tdi and also had three time same issue. After checking everything issue was bad fuel... switched to bp ultimate and never had any issue since.
    Try to eliminate fuel first and then you can go for more expensive fix...

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack