Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)

Users Country Flag

LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)

Well, today I installed some LED parkers for my R36. The reason behind doing, well one of my parkers blew, and when I went to super cheap, they wanted $8 for a pair of SCA branded plain jane ones and I thought that I would investigate LED's. Well obviously my search led me to ebay so I did some searching around. Unfortunately there were some Taiwanese sellers that I would've bought from except they are on Chinese new year so I don't know when they were back and I really couldn't be bothered waiting so I found an Australian seller for similar prices. Now, they aren't the best thing to look at but you really can't see them unless you get right down to the parker light. They are slightly bluer than what I was actually hoping for but they suit the xenons so I am happy for now. Here is the seller I bought them off, and best of all, they don't throw an error back on the dash saying that there is still a blown bulb so the canbus error selling point is valid. I realise that there is probably other threads on this but I actually found it hard to see anything because no one would post where they actually bought LED's from so here is the link.
    2 PCS T10 LED Super White Canbus Error Free Number Plate Light Bulbs | eBay

To gain access to the lights there is a panel with two wire looking clips on the top and bottom. Just flip them up or down depending on whether they are on the top or the bottom of the panel. Once open, there is a really dark grey flat plastic piece that acts like a pencil extension for the actual bulb. There will be two black thin wires to it so you can't miss it. Gently pull it out and you will see the bulb on the end. Simply replace the T10 bulb with the LED and make sure you check that the bulb works by turning on the parker. If it doesn't, flip the LED around as you have to swap the polarity. Check again, then reinsert the bulb back into the headlight. Now this can be a bit of a pain but you'll get there. In my car, the holder doesn't really feel that secure so don't worry about that. Once in, return the black panel on the back of the headlight assembly and you are done. Easy cheap mod!!

Here are some pics including comparisons. Sorry but they are the best I could do with a phone. Any questions, please ask. For any others out there that have replaced anything with LED's on their passats, please share the link that you bought them from so we can all share in the wonder of LED's.
    Leon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)-wp_20140203_003-jpg   LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)-wp_20140203_002-jpg  

LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)-wp_20140203_001-jpg  
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    just bought these as my park light just came up too
    2009 Volkswagen R36 Wagon
    1968 Audi F103 75L Coupe
    1966 Volkswagen Beetle Deluxe

If you like, you can convert the turn signals to LED CANBUS as well like I've done mine. I posted a DIY in the R36 DIY section but I can't seem to find the photos of the installation steps but only my video of it. :/ Let me know if some pointers is required.
    http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...tml#post982817

Just a suggestion, R36 DIYs should be consolidated into that section as the title says
    Current: | MY09 R36 | Dynaudio | RNS510 SatNav |

I put these in a couple of weeks ago. I love the look of it now. Next step is all the interior ones.

Users Country Flag
    The led ones look heaps better mate.
    Definitely worth the upgrade!

Users Country Flag
    Great write up!

But I am not able to pull the flat plastic piece out, I scratched both my hands...bloody hell .....is there any tricks to pull the thing out?
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Ops...double post
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    OK OK OK, got it done, without breaking anything. What a pain!!!

I ended up using a pair of narrow nose pliers to pull the thing out. Off course I used masking tape to wrap the nose ends to prevent any damage to the plastic thing. Also I put a pair of rubber gloves on.

On my R36, driver side was harder to pull out and passenger was harder to put back in.

What I wish now is that those $12 LEDs do not stop in anytime soon!!!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Good stuff mate. So did you end up buying the same ones as in my link? What do you reckon? Look better?
    BTW, got my door puddle lamps delivered today. That will be my next little right up so I will start a separate thread and link to the ebay purchase.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by v8snerlo View Post
    Good stuff mate. So did you end up buying the same ones as in my link? What do you reckon? Look better?
    BTW, got my door puddle lamps delivered today. That will be my next little right up so I will start a separate thread and link to the ebay purchase.
    yes, used your link. looks MUCH better. But it's really a pain to install, hope they last.

my next attack will be the replica maniacs paddle shift extension in matt silver with black writing on. I bought them from Taobao and the seller said they are the high quality version of replica, they are on the way.

Picked up my R36 on Sat with 32k on clock, what a machine. will post some photos after detailing done.

cheers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast