Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Just an update to this thread. I wasn't too happy with the colour of the LED's that I received. They were distinctly blue when compared to the xenon main beams so I did a little bit more searching and ended up buying these (2X Canbus Error Free 8 SMD LED Xenon HID Pure White W5W T10 501 Side Light Bulbs | eBay). They arrived today and I got a comparison shot for you. They match the xenons a lot better so I am happy. Hopefully the photo conveys this but it is certainly a better match. The LED on the left is the newer whiter version.

LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)-image001-jpg
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    good stuff, will change when current LEDs blow out. Thanks for the info!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by v8snerlo View Post
    Well, today I installed some LED parkers for my R36. The reason behind doing, well one of my parkers blew, and when I went to super cheap, they wanted $8 for a pair of SCA branded plain jane ones and I thought that I would investigate LED's. Well obviously my search led me to ebay so I did some searching around. Unfortunately there were some Taiwanese sellers that I would've bought from except they are on Chinese new year so I don't know when they were back and I really couldn't be bothered waiting so I found an Australian seller for similar prices. Now, they aren't the best thing to look at but you really can't see them unless you get right down to the parker light. They are slightly bluer than what I was actually hoping for but they suit the xenons so I am happy for now. Here is the seller I bought them off, and best of all, they don't throw an error back on the dash saying that there is still a blown bulb so the canbus error selling point is valid. I realise that there is probably other threads on this but I actually found it hard to see anything because no one would post where they actually bought LED's from so here is the link.
    2 PCS T10 LED Super White Canbus Error Free Number Plate Light Bulbs | eBay

To gain access to the lights there is a panel with two wire looking clips on the top and bottom. Just flip them up or down depending on whether they are on the top or the bottom of the panel. Once open, there is a really dark grey flat plastic piece that acts like a pencil extension for the actual bulb. There will be two black thin wires to it so you can't miss it. Gently pull it out and you will see the bulb on the end. Simply replace the T10 bulb with the LED and make sure you check that the bulb works by turning on the parker. If it doesn't, flip the LED around as you have to swap the polarity. Check again, then reinsert the bulb back into the headlight. Now this can be a bit of a pain but you'll get there. In my car, the holder doesn't really feel that secure so don't worry about that. Once in, return the black panel on the back of the headlight assembly and you are done. Easy cheap mod!!

Here are some pics including comparisons. Sorry but they are the best I could do with a phone. Any questions, please ask. For any others out there that have replaced anything with LED's on their passats, please share the link that you bought them from so we can all share in the wonder of LED's.
    Leon
    My left one died

I also wasnt much of a fan as they were too blue for my liking.

Hopefully i get a refund and will buy the other ones you posted.
    2009 Volkswagen R36 Wagon
    1968 Audi F103 75L Coupe
    1966 Volkswagen Beetle Deluxe

Users Country Flag
    What a pain in the testicles that was. The design of the light is ridiculous and whoever thought the answer was those stick things was an idiot.

Anyway, in and much better
    | 2008 R36 Wagon | Black | Dynaudio | Auto-Tailgate | RNS510 | RVC |

When I upgraded my parkers I bought these from Super Cheap as I didn't really trust the cheaper stuff.

Also the guy's at Autobarn didn't even have this side of the phillips range so they were pretty much useless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LED Parkers for R36 Install (WIth Pics)-img_2331-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich R36 View Post

When I upgraded my parkers I bought these from Super Cheap as I didn't really trust the cheaper stuff.

Also the guy's at Autobarn didn't even have this side of the phillips range so they were pretty much useless.
    These appear to have only 2 x LEDs each vs 8 x LEDs from the set Snerlo recommended. Can you post a pic of them installed?

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys
    I just tried to install some LED parkers in my R36. Admittedly they are not the canbus error free version which is probably the 1st place I went wrong. Anyway when I installed the 1st one it didn't light up when I turned the lights on and a light warning came up on the dash. So i put the original bulb back in but the error is still there and the light still doesn't light up.
    Is it possible I have damaged something? Or does it just require an error reset?
    Help please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    You may need a resistor across the terminals to get rid of the error with the LEDs. However, you may need to look at your wiring. Also, you may need to enable DRL in your computer (likely need a VCDS)
    I've fitted LED DRLs to my CC and had lots of headaches to get it to work how I wanted (on all the time) but I still get errors which I ignore.

Users Country Flag
    Leds have polarity- you may need to flip it around in the slot.
    There should be no need to clear any fault codes- the cecm checks all the light circuits on startup. If the globe is good it should light up.
    Last edited by kamold; 11-05-2016 at 05:50 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yeah, as Kamold has said. If you are putting the original bulb back in, make sure you turn the ignition off and pull the key out, wait about ten seconds, and then put the key back in and check. I know I have had to do this before too so I know that you have to do this to "reset" the light checking diagnostics.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast