Thread: Latest Map Update for RNS510

Users Country Flag

Latest Map Update for RNS510

Hi, Does anyone know where I can source version 9 or 10 Australia NZ map Upgrade for RNS510.
    I had version 7 which the Dealer upgraded to Version 8 a few years ago. (I purchased the car new in 2013)
    Unfortunately 2 weeks ago the RND 510 died and defaulted back to the original German for no reason.
    Luckily I was able to source a 5238 firmware which brought the system back to life minus all my stored music and maps.
    I still had a copy of my original version 7 maps on a disc which was better than no maps, but would like to upgrade to the latest if possible.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Bill

Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Flipper Dog,
    I checked them out but at @ $175, I think I will stay at version 7.
    I dont understand that VW provide free map upgrades for their later Discover car entertainment system 2014 onwards, but not pre 2014 RNS510.
    Much appreciated for you quick reply, I will keep looking.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat48 View Post
    Thanks Flipper Dog,
    I checked them out but at @ $175, I think I will stay at version 7.
    I dont understand that VW provide free map upgrades for their later Discover car entertainment system 2014 onwards, but not pre 2014 RNS510.
    Much appreciated for you quick reply, I will keep looking.
    Like every other GPS maker once the model becomes superseded they cease updates.Tom Tom Navman etc are usually only updated for 7 years which is considered the "lifetime" of the unit. You should be happy that map started off at $595 when first issued. There are no alternative legitimate sellers
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Thanks Hillbilly,
    If the updates ceased being produced around 2014, how are they still able to sell "legitimate 2021 updates", but appreciate your reply.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat48 View Post
    Thanks Hillbilly,
    If the updates ceased being produced around 2014, how are they still able to sell "legitimate 2021 updates", but appreciate your reply.
    There was a version 8,9 10. Then they stopped being $59 after map 9. For some reason they then put out one for $595 and the one Euro carupgrades have. Probably because of lack of units still running they jacked the price and these were dearer and are genuine as Ive had work done there and seen the actual map..

Just a thought from 2014 to 2021 is 7 years and that map came out last year so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT BY FROM NAVIGATION AUSTRALIA as you will do your dough as have many others
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-05-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Ok thanks for the heads up.