Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Key issue

Users Country Flag

Has anyone purchased one of those blank key/housings before? Curious if they come all split so you don't have to pry open the internal plastic, or if they're already glued (would seem silly if it was).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I actually have some on order should have them next week. I'll let you know.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Sweet thanks Kamold appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Got my new blank keys.
    They are fully assembled, but they are not glued at all.

Easy enough to disassemble in order to swap over the transponder and PCB (if you just want a new housing) or to get at the microswitches if you want to replace them. The original key is harder to pull apart as its glued. But it doesn't matter so much if you damage it given you're swapping the housing....

Here is the original housing, with new blank emergency key, glass transponder and new PCB. I swapped the originals into the new housing.

Optional:
    If you have access to VCDS, the ONLY parts you need to keep from your original key is the little glass capsule that contains the transponder and emergency black plastic key. Handle the transponder with care!
    Leave the car unlocked, or have your second key available.
    Once you have transferred the transponder into the new key housing with new PCB, you need to run key remote adaptation in Address 46 Central Convenience.
    Erase keys and then relearn all available keys per the procedure in VCDS.

I've just done this successfully.
    Have a brand new key now, with new clicky microswitches.

Reference in German, use google translate:
    Passat 3C FunkschlĂĽssel zerlegen – dunt.at

Check this video for key disassembly:
    Last edited by kamold; 14-12-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Note that the quality of the key blanks seems to vary.
    I swapped and adapted one for another owner today and the plastics were not of the best quality, didn't fit together as well and the top silver cap was plastic rather than metal.
    I got this one and am very happy with the quality:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3C09...639074162.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12