Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Kamold's R36

Users Country Flag

Hi,

Have a look at these below, I can't comment on either vendors as I've never used them;

3C8920881A | eBay

Alarm clock passat B6 / B7 / CC, 3D color, NEW! - Chomutov - Sbazar.cz

There's a bit work getting one of these running in the B6 and if you have an R36 you'll want to keep your 300km dials & blue lighting (they are also a unicorn).
    Last edited by MMR36; 20-09-2021 at 11:06 AM.
    R36 Wagon MY2010.5: Biscay Blue| Dynaudio and Nav| RVC| VW tow bar|
    Mod highlights:
    ECU and DSG Tune| 3AA CCM and 7N0 Gateway| 3D colour MFD| MIB2 retrofit and 7N0 RVC| Quad LED tail, brake and indicator rings| Zimmermann Sportbrake rotors, composite pads| TPMS High| 2Q0 Blind Spot and RCTA| B8 rearview mirror|

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Have been very slack with updates sorry.

A very brief list to get up to date, in no particular order:

7N0 (Bosch MRREvo) radar upgrade
    - same radar as used in Golf 7.5, B8 Passat etc. Also used in Passat NMS so has a PQ operating mode. Faster lock to lead vehicle, much better following of lead vehicle through bends than older 3AA radar. Slightly less range which doesn't really affect us here but would possibly be evident at Autobahn speeds.
    - required upgrade from MED9.1 to MED17.1.6 from B7. Minimal rewiring, needs new engine speed sensor 03H906433 and immobilizer matched to CCM. Would technically be possible with MED9 however would need to emulate mMotor_10 CAN messages which radar expects from ECU.
    - has Component Protection so needs a cluster that supports CP, and needs to be matched to the radar, suitable FEC needs to be restored to enable ACC and front assist

Custom adapter to attach the factory mount:

Kamold's R36-radar_bracket-jpg

MK8 Capacitive Touch steering wheel
    - needs a CAN adapter soldered into Q3 stalks to delete cruise stalk. Also a LIN adapter

Kamold's R36-wheel_close-jpg

Kamold's R36-swcm-jpg

Tiguan Dynaudio subwoofer
    - swapped 10 channel Lear amp for 12 channel Panasonic from Beetle Cabrio (5C6035456C) allowing install of the spare wheel Tiguan Dynaudio sub. Has less peak output than the 600w amp but much more usable for me and a great increase in low end
    Connector is the single 50 pin type same as my car's factory plug from the 250w amp so I had to remove my frankenharness adapter. If installing in a car with factory Dynaudio would need to make an adapter or buy the connector and repin everything.

Kamold's R36-sub-jpg

BC BR coilovers

Last edited by kamold; 09-07-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Awsome work Kamold,

I was literally just looking the other day to see if that sub would fit in the spare tyre.

Could you please share the PN on the 12-channel amp, I guess there are parameters floating around for it and no component protection?
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Sorry meant to put the PN in there (post updated).
    Yes it needs params (can supply xml). There is no CP for PQ amps.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Decided I wanted to keep the red ambient of original interior so swapped out the white LEDs in my steering wheel.

Last edited by kamold; 17-08-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    The red LEDs look good, I always liked the red colour scheme, easy on the eyes at night.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    The capacitive touch steering wheel looks awesome =)

I want one for my Arteon - hoping it's plug'n'play. Are you able to share a link to where you sourced it from?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

For your Arteon would be largely plug n play. Needs some coding.
    Doesn't need the 2 adapters I did.
    I might be able to hook you up I got another one for a friend but he hasn't installed it yet not sure if he is going to.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    For your Arteon would be largely plug n play. Needs some coding.
    Doesn't need the 2 adapters I did.
    I might be able to hook you up I got another one for a friend but he hasn't installed it yet not sure if he is going to.
    Sure, I'm interested =)

Please PM me the details and let me know if/when it's available.

Acc help

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Have been very slack with updates sorry.

A very brief list to get up to date, in no particular order:

7N0 (Bosch MRREvo) radar upgrade
    - same radar as used in Golf 7.5, B8 Passat etc. Also used in Passat NMS so has a PQ operating mode. Faster lock to lead vehicle, much better following of lead vehicle through bends than older 3AA radar. Slightly less range which doesn't really affect us here but would possibly be evident at Autobahn speeds.
    - required upgrade from MED9.1 to MED17.1.6 from B7. Minimal rewiring, needs new engine speed sensor 03H906433 and immobilizer matched to CCM. Would technically be possible with MED9 however would need to emulate mMotor_10 CAN messages which radar expects from ECU.
    - has Component Protection so needs a cluster that supports CP, and needs to be matched to the radar, suitable FEC needs to be restored to enable ACC and front assist

Custom adapter to attach the factory mount:

Kamold's R36-radar_bracket-jpg

MK8 Capacitive Touch steering wheel
    - needs a CAN adapter soldered into Q3 stalks to delete cruise stalk. Also a LIN adapter

Kamold's R36-wheel_close-jpg

Kamold's R36-swcm-jpg

Tiguan Dynaudio subwoofer
    - swapped 10 channel Lear amp for 12 channel Panasonic from Beetle Cabrio (5C6035456C) allowing install of the spare wheel Tiguan Dynaudio sub. Has less peak output than the 600w amp but much more usable for me and a great increase in low end
    Connector is the single 50 pin type same as my car's factory plug from the 250w amp so I had to remove my frankenharness adapter. If installing in a car with factory Dynaudio would need to make an adapter or buy the connector and repin everything.

Kamold's R36-sub-jpg

BC BR coilovers

Hi my friend . I have follow you for more than 3 years . I have make most of your retrofits to my passat . But i cant finish my acc retrofit . I have spend alot of money and time . I have a 2.0tfsi bwa engine manual med 9.1 . I have understand that my problem is the ecu . Is there a way to fix the ecu so the acc can work without change it? I have b7 abs 3c0 M radar ( i can flash it to 3aa ) . Thanks for your time and for the info that you give to all for the retrofits

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031