Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamold's R36

Users Country Flag

This is true.. I guess what I mean to ask is what is the associated cost to the upgrade. Mine is currently fully functional so I guess it's a different situation for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Gateway and tpms kit plus time and coding.
    Check aliexpress for pricing.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

3d colour cluster installed today, along with new steering wheel with paddles.

Not a big change to the regular colour cluster.
    I will have my originally upgraded colour cluster available once it is reset if anyone is looking to upgrade send me a message.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Do you disconnect battery while changing the steering wheel? Will the disconnection result in error codes in system?
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Not sure if it would be the same for you (I have B7 Passat TDI). I didn't disconnect the battery, MFSW swap took me less than 10mins, from memory, I just had to code the paddle shifters.

Just replaced battery too, cleared all errors, only error which remained was the steering wheel, to clear this, just had to turn left and right full lock.
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

If you are only changing the steering wheel (you should as a precaution disconnect the negative terminal of the battery whenever working near airbags) then you shouldn't get any faults.
    If you need to change the steering wheel control module then you'll also need to go steering angle sensor (g85) calibration. It will throw out a whole bunch of stuff until calibrated eg rvc, abs etc

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Good to know, thanks.
    Are you selling your R36 steering wheel? I want one to wrap it in Alcantara.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Here is a video of the new cluster in action:

Users Country Flag
    I found the ACC graphics looks quite nice with the 3D cluster when you get around to retro fitting that Kamold's R36

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I am now the VERY proud owner of an MY09 R36 wagon.
    Attachment 13388

Thought I'd start a thread just to document the little mods I do along the way, as I've enjoyed reading similar threads from other members.

Bought at >60K, in very good condition, no changes from factory:
    Biscay Blue, powered tailgate, RNS510, RVC.

First change was just updating the RNS from the original 0900 software (!?) to 4120 with my custom partition ratios. Updated maps, added Aussietig's POI database, then an R splashscreen.

Installed the MObridge Bluetooth unit that had been installed my Octavia from the dealer. Its almost as good as the 9w7 except that it doesn't support AVHCP, so I can't control streaming music from the steering wheel, and it doesnt show the track/title info on screen. So eventually I'll replace it.

Next up I got an ECU and DSG tune from CPI as they had the special running with the DSG tune for free.
    Haven't had a chance to properly test it but so far so good, just a touch more urge through the band and more up at the top. DSG feels smoother in day to day driving and totally seamless in sport. Downshifts in sport also not too forceful.

Today a few LEDs arrived.

Installed a cheap interior set from Aliexpress
    Comprises all interior dome lights, glove box, boot and license plate (these ones didn't fit which I wasn't phased about as I have some proper ones ordered). Looks much more modern, I personally can't stand filament globes any more.

Next I installed some T10 LEDs for the horrible yellow parkers.

Apologies in advance for phone pics...

Original parkers with low beams as comparison:
    Attachment 13392

One original, one LED:
    Attachment 13393

Both LEDs, with low beam xenons:
    Attachment 13394
    Hi,

Just wondering which leds you used for your parkers?

Also, do they just go straight in without any modification?

Have been wanting to change mind as the stock yellow looks atrocious!!

Kind Regards,

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast