Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamold's R36

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Will do a full write up later, as I am going to be doing this in fits and starts.
    Have the bumper off and leds installed.
    Next step is to run wires through the firewall to the fuse box, mount the control box and secure the cabling.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Here they are installed:

Also took some time over a few nights to do a bit of paint correction with my new Mint RO polisher and some Menzerna polish, finshed off with some Dodo Juice Supernatural hybrid wax/sealant.

Next step is to find some time to go for a proper drive somewhere!
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Well done! I am just too lazy to post mine.

Looks like you did not get the Flashing version, mine DRLs have two flashing modes, look like light dancing.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Here they are installed:

Also took some time over a few nights to do a bit of paint correction with my new Mint RO polisher and some Menzerna polish, finshed off with some Dodo Juice Supernatural hybrid wax/sealant.

Next step is to find some time to go for a proper drive somewhere!
    Looks amazing and factory, can't wait for mine! How did you find the install process? I'm a bit nervous about that, so a writeup will be useful, as well as snerlo's! You have a very nice carport there by the way.

Only one thing, I noticed they dimmed with headlights but not parkers. Did you wire them this way on purpose? I thought they are meant to dim as soon as parkers come on.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Install is fine apart from bumper removal of you go that route. Now that I've done it once would be much quicker.

I only built the carport a few months ago. Excalibur carports it comes as a kit.

I don't actually know what the legal requirements are but I connected the trigger to the main dipped beam. That way they don't flicker at startup, and I only want them to dim when the headlights turn on anyway as I won't be driving with just parkers now that I have the drls.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Install is fine apart from bumper removal of you go that route. Now that I've done it once would be much quicker.

I only built the carport a few months ago. Excalibur carports it comes as a kit.

I don't actually know what the legal requirements are but I connected the trigger to the main dipped beam. That way they don't flicker at startup, and I only want them to dim when the headlights turn on anyway as I won't be driving with just parkers now that I have the drls.
    Fair point. Just an FYI for yourself or anyone reading though, you can turn that flicker off with VCDS, it is called cold diagnosis and is found in the long coding for Central Electronics. You can disable it per light, will need to do it for any LED's you swap in.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    Interested to know which wire you tapped into on the xenons mate.
    Jakey, it really is an easy process. When you get yours, you can phone me and I will walk you through it while you are standing at the car. It really is a piece of cake mate. The front grill is really easy to take off. All it is is about 10 screws, and then gently prying it off as they have the plastic clips. Once you know what you are doing it's easy. I'll explain it to you. Just have a really good look at my photos with the grill off to get an idea of what things look like as I will explain a few things to you.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Chrome swtichgear finally arrived.
    5 min install.
    Light switch comes out just by pushing the dial in when set to '0' and rotating slightly clockwise, then pull the barrel out.
    Window switches and mirror controls just as easy. Just pry the whole armrest thing up that has the switchgear in it with a trim tool. Pops off, swap over the switches.

Just adds a touch of faux chrome class to the cabin. Had them in the A3, just thought, 'why not?'
    Didnt bother with the boot release/fuel filler release buttons because they are lower down, cant really see them that well.

Also installed the Philips H7 Diamond Vision globes in the turn lights a while back. They are pretty close to the HIDs in colour temp, look really good compared to the awful stock yellow globes.
    Last edited by kamold; 06-01-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: fix URL

Users Country Flag
    Pics or it didn't happen mate!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast