Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamold's R36

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes the issue will recur (I presume)
    It's a flawed (yet still awesome) design.
    You could always put some less sporty seats in. (?)

I have figured out a 'manouvre' to get in which I am hoping will prolong the new seat base's life.
    I enter rearward first and then put my outside hand onto the door sill to allow me to 'vault' over the bolster.
    Last edited by kamold; 10-12-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes the issue will recur (I presume)
    It's a flawed (yet still awesome) design.
    You could always put some less sporty seats in. (?)

I have figured out a 'manouvre' to get in which I am hoping will prolong the new seat base's life.
    I enter rearward first and then put my outside hand onto the door sill to allow me to 'vault' over the bolster.
    yes I've been doing exactly that since I got the car 2 years ago after seeing damaged ones while I was looking for the right car. My drivers bolster still looks mint. Passenger side has a few minor creases in it as wifey hasn't yet mastered the manoeuvre!
    2010 Passat R36 - Icelandic Grey / BT / MDI / Power Tailgate / RVC / Cargo Management System / 19" Lugano Wheels

2005 35th Anniversary 350Z - Ultra Yellow / Stillen True Dual Exhaust / Motordyne MREV 2 and Plenum Spacer

Quote Originally Posted by Netrover View Post
    yes I've been doing exactly that since I got the car 2 years ago after seeing damaged ones while I was looking for the right car. My drivers bolster still looks mint. Passenger side has a few minor creases in it as wifey hasn't yet mastered the manoeuvre!
    Bolster stood no chance while wife was preggies lol, but yes I know the manoeuvre very well myself. Its like launch control.
    I was this close on buying the replacement foam, up until I opened my mailbox after being occupied by our newborn for the last 2 weeks...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I use the steering wheel, I grab it and use it to lever myself in then drop onto the seat. Same to get out. So if the car isn't off and the wheel is free to move it ****s my system up and I struggle to get in and out like some sort of obese person haha.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Tpms installed

Was a bit involved in terms of having to remove the rear bumper and run the cables up the front to the canbus gateway but worthwhile I think.

Can switch between PSI, Bar and kPa.

Has a table of different tyre/wheel sizes to select from.

Mine aren't in there but there is a utility available from a developer in Germany (dunt.at) to create a custom table and apply it to the TPMS control module using ODIS.
    Last edited by kamold; 22-12-2016 at 08:08 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Top work! Way better than the stock one!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    What does the stock TPMS do - besides telling you that you have low tyre pressures?

Kamold, what VW model does this TPMS come from?
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Quote Originally Posted by prn31 View Post
    What does the stock TPMS do - besides telling you that you have low tyre pressures?

Kamold, what VW model does this TPMS come from?
    Stock TPMS in our R36s has sensors in all four wheels. However these are not individually identified should one of them fall below the pressure threshold after you have set it by holding down the TPMS button after you fill your tyres.
    It will ding and show the tyre pressure warning in the dash, then you need to go and check all your tyres.
    The TPMS receiver is embedded in the Central Convenience Module (CCM) located behind the glovebox.

This TPMS high is from the B7 Passat. However the mounting point for the 3aa907538 bracket which holds the 3AA 907 273H receiver is already available on our cars (behind the rear bumper, just up above the right exhaust), so I assume this was available in other markets as far back as the 2006 introduction of the B6.

Custom data set applied to the TPMS module

This is what a warning looks like with tpms direct.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast