Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamold's R36

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yeah I checked they aren't footwell lights.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    ok, thanks for checking. Guess that has to be a separate buy then!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Yep already have them ordered.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Link or it didnt happen! ��
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Actually I need to check . Perhaps what I thought are incorrect license plate leds are footwell. Will let you know.
    We discovered after I bought the same LED license plate panels that snerlo bought that there was a license plate light revision at some point. Yes, really. That may be why your license plate lights don't work. His were festoon, mine had been revised to the same globes as the parkers and mirror puddles.

I like your parkers, I had the same thought, the factory filament parkers next to the xenons look ridiculous, don't know what the hell VW were thinking with that. I also would suggest swapping your bend lighting (The corner lights that come on) with Philips BlueVision at some point, LED's don't work there because of the slow fade out the car does. And also, don't just put an LED globe in your mirror puddles, TRUST ME, buy the proper panels like in snerlo's thread somewhere. The mirror puddles are by far my favourite LED mod and probably one of the best LED mods I've ever seen for a car. Refer:

As for interior, I prefer the warm glow of the incandescent globes in there so I've kept those as is. Personal preference, exterior LED and interior incandescent.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Yep I am getting proper panel leds for the puddle lights.
    The license plate lights are filament in mine.
    The two leds I have left are offset filament replacements so they may be for something else interior that I haven't figured out yet...

So I got the license plate LEDs, and they are the wrong ones
    They are too small, so dont push against the spring clip and fall back out.

Hopefully ordered the right ones this time...

Also the indicator/DRLs arrived!

Will be trying to find the time later on this week to do the install. Will do a write up afterwards.
    As expected the instructions are as good as useless. Just a single sheet of badly photo copied Chinese.

Thankfully the actual product looks very well manufactured.

Users Country Flag
    Awesome, post some nice detailed pics of the manufacturing quality?

Can't wait for the first in depth review of these, and/or snerlo's comparison of the cheaper and more expensive models. Which did you get? I am thinking I want the cheaper one as I actually prefer it to have less LED's, seems more like the factory ones which are typically only 4-5 LED and the LED's are quite pronounced.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag

I literally just got given the more expensive version of DRL!! Now, to find time to test them!!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast