Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Jakeys R36

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeys View Post
    Big parts order came in today. Some trims that have snapped clips, new centre caps for the wheels as the paint is chipped on a few of mine, a new rear tail light to fix a very common dead indicator LED issue on Passats of this era, and new seat bases for both front seats to replace the bolsters that are always ruined on R36's because it's a bit of a stupid design by VW. I priced up a new grille as well as there is a little bit of finish delamination on the top the black slat of my grille, but it was over $900 and I'm not ready to commit that much to fix that problem just yet. I might keep an eye out for a better condition grille from a wreck. I'm trying to be sensible, I want the car to look awesome but it is a 165,000km daily driver, I have to draw the line somewhere!

Hi Jakey, where did you get the wheel centre caps from? Mine have seen better days too. I also have a dead LED in my right taillight, but it's not really noticeable and I can live with that.
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Cars245 is the website, I would suggest joining and searching the Australian R36 Owners Group on Facebook for Cars245, been some posts about it with good info. But short version sign up, find the part number for the part you need, order, ask them to change payment method to PayPal if you don't want to do an international wire. Pretty painless.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Anyway I've tried:for ages and can't get a pic up - extremely difficult.

Looking forward to putting my plates on my immaculate R36

Users Country Flag
    wow $900 for a grille, i can't imagine what the dealers would be asking here.
    Last edited by WillYu; 21-08-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackR36 View Post
    Anyway I've tried:for ages and can't get a pic up - extremely difficult.

Looking forward to putting my plates on my immaculate R36
    Nice plates! I have RRR036 for TAS!

To add a photo you'll want to click the "Insert Image" icon.

Jakeys R36-1-jpg

Then Click from computer.

Jakeys R36-2-jpg

Once you've done this, you'll see the option to "Browse" as per below.

This part will depend on if you're on a Windows PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad or Android device. But you should be prompted to select your photo somehow and "select" it or similar.

Jakeys R36-3-jpg

The last step is to hit "upload file(s)" as I've underlined here. It's a bit easy to overlook. You can only upload one file at a time, despite it saying "File(s)" as well.

Jakeys R36-4-jpg

Hope that helps.

Users Country Flag
    What was involved in getting the crackle map? I've been waiting for something like that for the last 6 years!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Matt86 View Post
    To add a photo you'll want to click the "Insert Image" icon...
    Good tips, also, he should be making a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSha View Post
    What was involved in getting the crackle map? I've been waiting for something like that for the last 6 years!
    I had it done as part of my ECU/TCU tune. Was a free add-on basically done as part of the ECU.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112