Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jakeys R36

Congrats on the purchase! Very nice looking R!
    Current: | MY09 R36 | Dynaudio | RNS510 SatNav |

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the family :p The car looks great and I know you are absolutely going to love it!
    2009 R36 Wagon | Icelandic Grey | Sunroof | Sat Nav | Reverse Camera | Dynaudio 600W | Automatic Tailgate | Tow Bar

Mods: Supersprint Cat Back Exhaust (Sport / Racing Centre Muffler)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeys View Post
    Well, the car is now in my possession. Having seen and driven it in person, I found it to be in excellent condition. There is very minor rash on one of the wheels and a scratch underneath the front bar (Not visible standing up) and I noticed the lumbar support doesn't seem to do anything on the driver's seat, but otherwise it appears to be perfect. Driver's seat has basically no wear, bolster looked worn as usual in the photos but appears to have already been repaired. Very impressed for the negotiated price. Everyone's opinions vary but as a very picky buyer/owner, I don't find it to be rough at all. With a detail and fixing the lumbar problem, it will be an extremely good car. Wheels are being replaced anyway. (Phaeton Omanyt 19x9's if I can find them.)

I will put a ride thread up at some point, but thank you all for your advice.

Congrats on the purchase! If your interested in a potential lumbar support fix check out this thread

Seat lumber support failure

Users Country Flag
    congrats! saw the Ad gone so I was waiting for you post! glad you love it!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the R36 family mate. You will enjoy these cars immensely. I am growing more and more in love with ours the more I drive it. It is such a great cruiser, especially after just coming back from the snow. Enjoy yours.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I've already clocked a solid ~10 hours in it since I picked it up. It's very, very enjoyable to drive, made the 8 hour drive back to Adelaide a total breeze. The trip back got me an average of 9.1L/100km. Will see this week how it goes with my daily driving.

Users Country Flag
    That sounds about right. We averaged 9.4 on our recent trip to the snow with the wagon loaded up. You'll find the average go up significantly around town though!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Looks Great! Enjoy!
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by v8snerlo View Post
    That sounds about right. We averaged 9.4 on our recent trip to the snow with the wagon loaded up. You'll find the average go up significantly around town though!!
    Especially in the first week of ownership! My previous car had about 165kW and a sports auto, it wasn't slow, but this is something else, I'm having a lot of fun now I'm back home in Adelaide. It's mostly the DSG I enjoy. Before I found the R36, I test drove and strongly considered the current Evolution X MR, which has the similar TC-SST. I loved that, and that was big draw for me with the R36. The Evo felt slightly more fun due to the boost feel, but the R36 is unquestionably the better car overall by a large margin, in my humble opinion anyway!

By the way, I saw your LED retrofit thread for the mirror puddle lights, the first thing I noticed approaching the car at night is how as great a feature as that is, it's a rubbish implementation without LED's. I'll have to peruse your other mods later!

Which part of Adelaide are you in, mostly? I've got a blue one and I'm mostly in the east. Don't see too many in white, which is a shame, because I think it's the best colour. It wasn't available when I ordered mine

Welcome to the R36 club. Nice purchase
    R36 =

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast