Thread: Getting the driving lights to auto turn on?

Getting the driving lights to auto turn on?

I've got a B7 with the additional fog/driving lights in the lower grill and wondered if I can have them automatically come on with the auto-on headlights? The menu setting allows you to turn them on under the daytime running lights (which I don't particularly want) but even they turn off when the headlights come on. The only way to turn them on is manually on the headlight dial. Any ideas?

Users Country Flag
    Dunno Ive got LED DRLS so am happy They do dim when headlights come on and as far as I know most ordinary DRLs go out when heads come on

Why do you wnat them on with the headlights Wont allow you to see any better as only shine 3m in front of the car
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 28-05-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    You aren't legally allowed to drive with fog lights on if there isn't any fog so maybe that is why the option isn't there?

I had driving/fog lights on my Subaru and found them quite helpful in wet weather. Was keen to get the function back.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brettue View Post
    I had driving/fog lights on my Subaru and found them quite helpful in wet weather. Was keen to get the function back.
    The ones in the VW have all the power and strength of a couple of candles

Driving lights are a totally different thing
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Passat my07 View Post
    You aren't legally allowed to drive with fog lights on if there isn't any fog so maybe that is why the option isn't there?
    That is right, in VIC the "Road Rule 217 states that drivers must not use front or rear fog lights unless driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions that cause reduced visibility. They must be switched on separate from the main beam (high beam) and dipped beam (passing) headlights." From various media reports I have heard though that if you're driving (during normal, no-hazardous weather conditions) with fog lights and parkers only you're unlikely to be pulled over & fined.

Users Country Flag

Apparently, some states (WA?) require that the low beam is switched Off when the fog lights are On. In NSW they can be both switched On at when in low visibility. I am sure I have seen a setting in VCDS to switch the low beam Off when fog lights are On. So that mean VW cars are setup differently in different states?