Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel gauge suddenly died after filling with petrol?

Quote Originally Posted by WillYu View Post
    ^ How much was parts and labour? Was it replaced with aftermarket or genuine senders? Thanks.
    I would like to know this too, please.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Two senders and the suction pump was just under $600, VW parts. Installation plus major service was less than VW service only costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    Nice tutorial.

My Passat is a 4Motion and has two fuel caps under the rear seat. I don't really understand why. Does that mean I'm likely to need to replace two entire pump and fuel sensor assemblies?

Users Country Flag
    The fuel tank is split in half by the rear diff and haldex in the 4mo cars.
    So it needs 2 fuel senders to accurately measure how much is both halves of the tank.
    It's likely to just be one of them. Replace one and if that doesn't fix it put the one you pulled out in the other side.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    The fuel tank is split in half by the rear diff and haldex in the 4mo cars.
    So it needs 2 fuel senders to accurately measure how much is both halves of the tank.
    It's likely to just be one of them. Replace one and if that doesn't fix it put the one you pulled out in the other side.
    Does replacing the sensor involve replacing the whole big white plastic fuel pump assembly as well?

Users Country Flag
    I don't believe so.
    Workshop guide shows separate instructions for renewing the fuel sender only (which is done once the fuel delivery unit (pump) assembly has been pulled out).
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks Kamold

Users Country Flag
    Fuel sender itself shouldn't be too much from your local VW spares department.
    Have them check from your VIN, but it might be part number 3C0919673A:

FUEL SYSTEM COMPONENTS.. For Volkswagen | the VW Online Store & Catalog

Users Country Flag

Theres 2 parts, i had mine done recently too.

Fuel pump/sender (R.H R32/6) 1K0 919 051 AR 1.0000 370.48 EA 370.48
    Passat tank sender (L.H R32/6) 3C0 919 673 B 1.0000 295.06 EA 295.06

Mine was playing up, so I'd be driving and then all of a sudden the gauge was at empty. But when I restarted the car it would reset and go back to normal. Would happen maybe twice a week.
    Last edited by R36Mike; 29-11-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12