Thread: Electric driver seat not working 08 R36

Electric driver seat not working 08 R36

Just purchased a 2008 R36 Passat, driver seat was fully working when I test drove it but it has stopped all of a sudden.

Has anyone else experienced this and what are things I should check before taking it to a mechanic/auto electrician?

Any info will be appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    Move it forward manually as if they are positioned too far back it wont work.

Had this in a Passat and now my Tiguan.

In the Passat a flat battery stopped it from working and had o get a fault cleared and tick the comfort setting in the MFD

In the TIg I had the driving position too far back and so it didnt work Changed it forward about 35mm and its working again

2nd time it happened they thought the Passat had popped something in the moving mechanism and quoted the part at $1032.

Luckily I remembered about prev time and got them to do a fault clearing and it came right
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 28-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Thanks Hillbilly,

Can you advise how I manually move the seat? Tried finding a lever but couldn’t locate anything near the seats.

Users Country Flag

Well if its an electric seat it should have controls on the side of it to move the different parts of it Doesnt it have a section in the cars manual showing them

Mine was a B7 so my be different and it had been coded to move back when you opened the door to allow easier exit and thats what stopped,
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan