Thread: ECU Dat file reader ???

Users Country Flag

ECU Dat file reader ???

Can someone point me in the direction of software to read an ECU file from my 2009 Passat 125TDI, thanks

Users Country Flag
    What are you looking to do?
    Update the software of the ECU
    Or modify the existing software e.g tuning?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I want to see whats on the file to make sure its legit as just had a remap and got charged additional money to retain original file

Users Country Flag

A lot of tuners will mark a block on the flash unreadable so that you can't pull it over OBD.
    Then you'll need to bench the ECU to get it into boot mode to be able to read the whole of flash. Which means more expensive tools.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500