Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DQ500 retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

From Andreas Taufner in Austria.
    You can try and contact him on Instagram. I have been told he isn't making them any more but that may not be the case.
    Or you can get them here:
    VR6 / R32 / R36 to DSG DQ500 NZS adapter - Racing Custom Parts
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Hi, is your car equipped with haldex? Im in the middle of the same swap, dq500 to seat leon fr 1p 2.0tsi, originally fitted with mq350.
    I’m going to have it only fwd until eventually sourcing a rear subrame, but i dont know for sure if it will run fine leaving the cardan shaft out of the ecuation

Honestly I don't know the answer to that question...but my feeling is that the mechatronic won't really care...it will just be spinning there without any mass attached. That is as long as you can modify the DSG software to ignore the missing messages from the Haldex.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Hello, great work!

few questions about the conversion

what modifications are needed for the bell housing?

What is the adapter plate thickness, did you measure it?

are the haldex gear ratios same on your vehicle as in dq500?

Good info on the flywheel, no need for custom part there

I didn't do the bell housing modification. There are companies that offer these services.
    Haldex is not changed. It doesn't have gears, just clutches. The rear diff is not changed.
    Do you mean the bevel box/transfer case? That is changed to the DQ500 version.

Users Country Flag
    okay, I try to find out the thickness for the adapter, I have a friend who is able to fabricate such adapter.

I mean rear axle gear ratio, does it differ to the new transfer case, do rear wheels spin same speed as front wheels, does the haldex spin all the time?

Next time I'm under the car I will measure the thickness.
    The rear diff doesn't need to change. There is no issue with the Haldex.

Users Country Flag
    good to know about the rear diff
    DQ500 retrofit-20190822_102144-1-jpg
    actually came to my mind, is the adapter and bell housing done so that same amount of housing is machined off as the adapter is thick?

Looking at the pictures you have shared, it might be soDQ500 retrofit-dq500-jpg

Yes it's to come up to the same point.
    You need to have your fabricator look at both bell housings and also pics of the available products and I'm sure they can figure it out

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Hey mate, awesome work. Today i finished to install a dq500(RS3 8P) in my Golf MK5 (and did a FWD conversion), and i was surfing the net to find out if somebody did the same thing. And i came across your Ross Tech thread. Awesome work soon I will do a thread too, to help others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast