Thread: It followed me home.

It followed me home.

Well... this happened yesterday ��
    Brought home my new-to-me "R36+". This actually isn't a real R36 but I'm guessing you knew that by the United Grey paint colour. Started out life as a 2008 NAR Passat 4motion Automatic 3.6 wagon, as the R36 was never available in Canada.
    Prior owner bought it from original owner after the warranty ran out and turned it into an R36. Has every single R36 piece that an R36 would have come with. Dude spent an obnoxious amount of money doing this conversion over many years. I have the full R36 interior as well.
    So a few years ago he decided to start accumulating parts for a B7 BCM swap. I can't even guess what this cost him to get this stuff over here to Canada but regardless, it's mine now. So he tore the interior apart and began the retrofit but went and got married, had a couple kids, and you can imagine how that ended... a neglected car sitting for a number of years unfinished.
    Has a ton of stuff never available in NAR.
    B7 Rack, B7 ABS, B7 EPB, PLA 2.0, DSG swap, factory smoked glass, euro B6 Dynaudio door cards, B7 Dynaudio, VW multimedia with headrests, 2D and 3D clusters, B7 console bits, MIB2, R36 and Mk7 R MFSW, Westfalia hitch fully wired, the list goes on and on. It's insane.
    Anyways, I'm getting a crash course in the BCM swap and retrofit wiring now. Considering I knew jack-**** about "modern" VW wiring a few years ago I've come a long way since I started on my current driver (my bagged/DSG-swapped 4Mo wagon) I'm pretty sure I can get this completed.

It followed me home.-20240406_105455-jpg

It followed me home.-20240406_105520-jpg

Some assembly required! Haha
    It followed me home.-20240406_172117-jpg

Anyone with any pointers on the BCM swap (lookin at you Kamold) I wouldn't say no to any help and it would be greatly appreciated.
    I do have a ton of wiring notes I made, some documents from previous owner, Elsa, VCDS (also on the forum as well) a hacked VCP program and cable, so I'm not totally in the dark on this, but I'm pretty much learning by braille for some of it.
    Thanks for checking her out!
    Now it's time to get back into the shop and finish sorting through boxes and boxes of parts.
    Cheers!
    -Mike
    Last edited by Helimike; 08-04-2024 at 04:06 AM.

Users Country Flag
    There is no longer a need to do the BCM swap (for 99% of cases.)
    You can get a custom module which connects to comfort CAN and provides the functions that the BCM retrofit provides (5 blink comfort indicator, HBA, dimming for MIB2STD).
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

You have my attention!
    Where would one find this module?

Users Country Flag

Contact Daniel at 'PCB.PQ35+Projects at gmail.com'

Details of his project are here:
    Dropbox - FLA HBA Share - Simplify your life
    Last edited by kamold; 10-04-2024 at 08:01 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500