Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danger's OEM+ R36

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

A couple of weeks ago, an ad for some 19" OEM Omanyts from a European Tiguan R-line appeared on Facebook.

They were imported from the UK by an R36 owner in South Australia and professionally acid dipped, powder coated and finished with a clear coat.

Specs:
    5x112 / 19x9 ET33

I got in touch with the seller and he was pretty firm on the price and he was in Canberra, so I went to bed. But when I went to bed, I couldn't sleep. I wondered if I'd regret the opportunity to own what has to be - in my opinion - the nicest wheels that you can have on an R36.

The next day, I went ahead with the purchase and made arrangements to have them delivered from Canberra. I drove down there to get my SuperSprint exhaust, but this time I figured that I could get the wheels delivered for a few bucks more than the fuel cost of driving down.

While waiting, I bought the GYEON Q2 Rim Kit 30ml & Prep Kit from Car Care Products Australia.

They arrived today, so I started by giving them a good clean using Bowden's Wheely Clean:

Next step was to get them squeaky clean using Gyeon Prep Surface Cleaner:

Then I coated the wheels with GYEON Q2 Rim:

Cleaning wheels is my least favourite part of washing the car, so I wanted to take the opportunity to prepare the wheels while they were off the car.

Application of the coating was a lot quicker and easier than I thought it would be.

The end result:

The instructions say to wait 24 hours before driving, so I'll have them fitted next weekend.
    Last edited by danger17; 14-01-2019 at 10:22 AM.

So shiny! Waiting to fit must be agony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Having seen these in person I can vouch for how immaculate they now look....
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Nice, look forward to seeing them on the car!

Just be careful with the wheely clean, took the clear of the center caps on my wheels

Users Country Flag
    Great write up Danger, I don't own an R36 but your saying all the right things. I think eventually I'll have to turn in the MK4 and upgrade to an R36. And kudos to Kamold to, the steering wheels is genius and looks great.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Just like Kamold's threads, an inspiring read. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more updates!
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

I purchased a pair of LED remnant parker lights, purchased from Supernova Lighting in Melbourne.

The install took about 5 minutes. The passenger side is a lot harder to get out compared to the driver side. I used a pair of long nose pliers to get the existing bulb out, but was able to just use my hand on the way back in.

Don't forget to use the coupon code VWWATERCOOLED when you shop with them for 10% off.

Before:

After:

Last edited by danger17; 22-01-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Nice! I found Supernova a little while ago, just waiting for an excuse (ie, blown bulb!) to move to LED. I'll have to get in touch with them to see what will fit an FSI with projectors rather than the bi-xenon HLs.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

New wheels have been fitted:

They are currently wrapped in some 225/35/19 Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres, but I'm having them replaced with some Michellin Pilot Sport 4S this weekend to correct the load rating.

Users Country Flag

They look good! How wide are you going? 225 sounds way too narrow for a 9 inch rim?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast