Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Update

The .:R36 has been pretty neglected over the last few months.
    I ride a motorbike to and from work which has helped keep the already low kms down. She has only just hit 60,000kms and had the major service to suit.
    I wash her when I get a moment and drive her often enough to keep the spider webs out.
    It kills me to see her sit there but I know that in the long run when I have a family, i'll be able to enjoy a beautiful machine with very reasonable kms for its age.

I'll endeavour to keep this thread up to date but at this stage I have done everything to her that I wanted to so there will unlikely be much more new content to post other than candid shots off my phone camera roll.
    MY10.5 Candy White VW Passat .:R36 Wagon
    3.6L VR6 Petrol 220kW 350Nm
    RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

duuuurrrrttttyyyyyyy

Last edited by passat_r36; 11-02-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Swapped out the CECM/BCM module for a new one (both brand new and newer revision).

My tail lights were playing up a bit on me where they would come on for a few seconds with the rest of the lights (RLS) and then the left and right rear parker lights would cut out.

Thankfully (so far) the issue seems to have been fixed with the module replacement and some light coding changes via VCDS.

Whilst i had parts of the car in pieces swapping out the CECM/BCM i took the opportunity to swap out the RCA camera that was precious installed for a genuine VW camera.

This involved unpinning the camera harness to feed the cable through the boot grommet next to the hinge.

This swap out allowed a higher resolution image at a greater aspect ration and also removed the need for the below cluster of cabling that was required to convert the RCA input to the VW plug for the head unit to read.

Unfortunately i don’t have any after images handy however it has now allowed a better quality image and removed the black borders that were previously present.

When you find the perfect spot Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Belated post regarding the wheel spacers,

Front - 5x112 15mm
    Rear - 5x112 20mm

Images below for reference.
    Very minor scrubbing on the rear on big speed humps/deep dips in the road when driving 80km/h +

Wind Deflectors

The Climair wind deflector group buy I organised a whole back was a success, 16 participants happy with their products for sedans and wagons.

Nice addition for aesthetics complementing the design of the car and for practicality allowing air flow in inclement weather and added security if wanting to leave the windows cracked when parked.

Climair deflector installation allows for the deflector to be inserted to the window groove rather than adhesive over the top, much cleaner and secured installation.

Dimpled and Slotted Discs with Ceramic Pads

A while back I installed the below front and rear dimpled and slotted discs paired with ATE ceramic pads to manage brake dust from the OEM products.

Very happy with the performance and design/appearance of them.

Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Finished off the centre console buttons today.

All illuminate with the other dash lights and i’m beginning the garage opener mod now that I have the new garage door motor installed at home.

Last edited by passat_r36; 29-01-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910