Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat

Users Country Flag

Cool B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat

Shout out to Kamold who has inspired me to do the research in upgrading my B7

I will be soon undertaking the following retrofits on my Passat, I will be documenting the process but I am wondering if it's worth recording and making some YouTube videos out of? looking for interest, would you want to watch a video of someone potentially bricking their car?

- TPMS Direct
    - Side Assist
    - Steering Wheel
    - Adaptive Cruise Control
    - Can Gateway
    - Module Flashing
    - Camera calibration
    - Discover Media

- MIG
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    I'm always terrible with photos and videos etc
    I strongly encourage people to document their journeys so that others feel confident enough to try things themselves.
    Go for it!
    If you need any help let me know I will try and assist as best I can.
    Last edited by kamold; 28-03-2022 at 10:41 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    What a productive weekend, got the steering wheel, ACC stalk and ABS unit swapped over.
    I pained the side assist mirror caps too.

I have been keeping photos in this shared album if anyone wants to see progress before I do the write-up.

Passat Upgrades - Google Photos
    Last edited by MIG; 28-03-2022 at 07:54 AM.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    Shout out to Kamold who has inspired me to do the research in upgrading my B7

I will be soon undertaking the following retrofits on my Passat, I will be documenting the process but I am wondering if it's worth recording and making some YouTube videos out of? looking for interest, would you want to watch a video of someone potentially bricking their car?

- TPMS Direct
    - Side Assist
    - Steering Wheel
    - Adaptive Cruise Control
    - Can Gateway
    - Module Flashing
    - Camera calibration
    - Discover Media

- MIG
    Yes please

There's not a whole lot of info out there for 362/365 Passats, and anything BWS would be the icing on the cake.

I checked out your g-photos album, would love to get some context on a few

Shamelessly getting off topic, but I'm pretty keen to hear exactly what the vcp pro opens up with these cars...

Cheers

The Google images are a mess, a few of the projects I have in there are.
    Re-clear coating the headlights.
    Seat motor rebuild.
    AC compressor control valve replacement.
    AC panel upgrade.
    LED fog lights and cornering lights.
    Steering wheel swap with paddles
    ACC control stalk in prep for the ACC module.
    ABS pump controller swap, no need bleed the system.
    Painting mirror caps in prep for side assist fitment.

I am going to start the write up, and I hope to have some video up next week.

Well, I caught Covid, which put a damper on my video idea.

Just an update to those who are following.

Side assist cabling has been ran up to the A-pillar. The modules themselves could not be installed as I got the wagon mounts with my salvage units two weeks on backorder from Germany.

TPMS unit installed and cabling have been run to the gateway, sensors were going to be mounted in the rims this week, but Covid happed :|

ACC unit is waiting on the ceramic logo and mounting clip the wreckers broke while pulling it off the donor.

ABS electronics have been swapped with no bleeding required, just needed to be re-coded without TPMS as the unit I got does not support indirect TPMS.

The new gateway has been flashed and configured to the latest firmware on the bench.

See the google album link for the latest update pics.

Google album has been updated again.

TPMS direct is in and working.
    ACC Radar has been mounted and somehow working with the original non-ceramic VW badge.
    Side Assist radars fitted with the correct sedan mounts, not working yet as I have not run the cable from the door harness to the mirrors yet.

Users Country Flag
    Love the progress, great pictures too!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Google album has been updated yet again.

Here is a progress report.
    ACC - Working pretty well for the incorrect badge and not being aimed yet.
    Side Assist - Cables finally run into the doors to the mirrors; going to test with live traffic tomorrow.
    New RVC will go in sometime this week.

I have added a few images of the upcoming project (Hint, the parts have come from much newer cars)

And to top it off I serviced it too

MIB is now in; I'm not sure if it's in my mind, but the sound quality through the sock Dynaudio amp has improved.
    Correct ACC badge is in, follow to stop, and distance detection has gotten much better, still needs to be aimed but lining the dirt marks up on the screws for the radar module is pretty good so far.

As always the photo album has been updated.
    Passat Upgrades - Google Photos

To come.

New lane assist camera installation and calibration.
    New PDC controller and software update.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast