Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat

Users Country Flag

Love this... Great work mate! Love the OEM+ style!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Weekend update
    Park Assist upgrade, and replacement of a faulty parking buzzer\speaker (Good timing lol)
    5Q0919298K programmed to 1k8919475D via VCP
    Adaptor harness for converting the pinout of the old 3AA 919 475 L installed with the module.
    Now have auto parking sensors and guidelines on the MIB.

Cabling, mount adaptor and heater pad are in, ready for the A5 lane assist camera upgrade.
    Just need to print the calibration board.

Cluster software updated from 3AA 920 870 C to 3AA 920 870 H
    This now included missing icons for USB and the start-up needle sweep that was not able to be active via VCDS

Album has been updated, with a sneak peek video too.

Passat Upgrades - Google Photos
    Last edited by MIG; 08-05-2022 at 10:32 PM.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    Exhaust note sounds great!!! All coming along well...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

The lane assist camera is in and calibrated, still having issues with the coding as the lane assist defaults to off each time I start the car.

I am now looking at my local wreckers to source a colour 3D cluster from a CC.

Pretty much finished the setup, for now, going to make some J-pipes for the exhaust drone at 2200rpm.

Once again album has been updated Passat Upgrades - Google Photos
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon

Great news, I managed to score an updated cluster out of a 2015 CC for a really good price, one with the newer hardware revision that can be flashed to the 3D premium software.

Got new LEDs and needles coming.

I will downgrade (HW4) my lane assistant camera due to issues I have been having.

Just an update for those still following along.

- The cluster has been converted (3D Gold theme) and is in, wheel diameter and speedo matched; It Took a while to work out the EEPROM locations to edit. I left the 6k RPM tacho in from the diesel; it's pretty funny watching it hit the end
    - The lane assist camera has been swapped to the H version over the L, as the older version does not have the issue of sign assist not working after 45min on the PQ platform.
    - Blue R36 coil pack connector plugs.

Currently working on
    - BCM swap to R revision ( Rain closing and better LED support)
    - 2Q0 Blind-spot monitoring with rear traffic alert.
    - Frameless B8 rear view mirror.
    - Chromatic mirror for the left side.

Few more things to come; I might look at a Dynaudio amp upgrade if I can't fix the echo issue with phone calls.

B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220702_155001-jpg

Link to the album.

This weekend's project was upgrading to the B8's borderless mirror.

I am very happy with the result; the mirror is faster in responding to lights and has and much nicer fade in and out.

Step for installation,

- Remove the old and new mirror mounts.
    - Cut the ball mount off the new camera.
    - Grind down the old mount and set the new one on top with two-part epoxy (This could also be TIG welded)
    - Repin the connector pinout is the same, just a different connector.

B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220713_180349-jpg
    B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220716_160006-jpg
    B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220716_144002-jpg
    B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220716_161946-jpg
    B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220717_143237-jpg

More images of the mirror install can be found here.

Users Country Flag
    Nice work mate. Very clean installs

Users Country Flag
    Love the updates! Such great ideas...

This week's update.

My Aliexpress RVC failed after a few months, so I had to move forward with the RVC replacement.

- Installed a 7N0907441B Highline controller.
    - Removed the camera module from an 8V0827566 (Audi RS3) and installed it into my original flip badge.
    - Installed footwell lighting, I went with LEDs, but I was not too fond of the cold white poor CRI they came with; I removed the LEDs from the modules and replaced them with High CRI warm white OSRAM LEDs (KW DSLP31.CC-GXHX-4R9T-Z444)
    - Added the wiring for the flip badge to the control unit, can now use the camera when not in reverse (Not based on reverse lights anymore)

Upcoming items on the project list.
    - Modding the 5Q0907441A into 7N0907441B units to allow for cheaper upgrades.
    - 2Q0 side assist radars, custom 3D printed mounts.
    - 3 Port USB hub with B8.5 USB-C port
    - BCM replacement.
    - DSP and subwoofer install.

B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220726_191032-jpg
    B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220726_194320-jpg
    B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220729_200449-jpg
    B7 Retrofitting - MIG's Passat-20220731_193149-jpg

More images can be found here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast