Thread: B7 Rear left seat belt replacement

Users Country Flag

B7 Rear left seat belt replacement

Hi guys, the rear left seat belt is jammed.

Last week, for the first time in my cars life, somebody sat in the rear. The seat belt was pulled all the way and will no longer retract/go back in. There is no more pull/movement left in it.

Could someone provide instructions on how to replace the seatbelt mechinism and remove the surrounding trim?

I got a one page diagram from VW (ETKA) but it doesn't really help..

Thanks in advance
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Users Country Flag
    tug at the trim till it comes off. keep removing trim around the seatbelt mechanism until you can access it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Is there an airbag or sensor harness connected to the belt? - Do i need to take care to disconnect and reconnect it in a particular way?

Would I need to remove the base of the seat for the lower belt guide?
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Users Country Flag

no idea, i just feel around, evaluate what is needed and go for it. i don't think there is an airbag in the rear sear or surrounds, there is a curtain airbag but thats it.