Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B6 Projector Upgrade

Nice job Kamold! This mod made a huge difference, the original lights seem pretty weak in comparison.

Users Country Flag
    i think you need to show their performance in a real life situation (city enviroment and low light, road trip, rural) to really get the point across how much of a visual upgrade this is!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    It's always hard to see in a few pics.
    You're right in practice the effect is really fantastic.
    I don't have a GoPro or similar otherwise I'd try and take a video.
    Last edited by kamold; 30-11-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Nice job, but a lot of work for mere mortals. Did you consider a plug and play replacement with an LED aftermarket set of headlamps from our Ali friends like these?

Online Shop Head Lamp For Car VW Passat B7 2012-2016 Magotan Headlights Fog Lights Daytime Running Lights DRL H7 LED Bi Xenon Bulb Accessory | Aliexpress Mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Led has less light output than hid.
    Also B7 headlight assemblies don't fit b6
    Last edited by kamold; 09-02-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I reckon the bixenon lights in my Skoda were way better than the LED's that the Tiguan has. I did upgrade the inners to 125W globes though. I would not buy non-genuine lights if you gave me the money to do it with.

Also the upgrade wasn't that hard.
    I've never done headlights before.

Well those headlights aren't "made in Spain" any longer that is for sure.
    It does appear to be more crisp and sharper beams. Its still the phillips extreme vision??

Yes the globes didn't change, just the projectors.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

FINALLY got around to doing the job again with my original headlights.
    This time baked and removed the front lenses, then replaced with brand new ones.
    Osram Nightbreaker Laser D1S globes.

B6 Projector Upgrade-headlights-jpg

B6 Projector Upgrade-headlights_1-jpg

B6 Projector Upgrade-headlights_2-jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast