Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B6 Projector Upgrade

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Nice baking job, brilliant performance globes - vaguely familiar.
    R36 Wagon MY2010.5: Biscay Blue| Dynaudio and Nav| RVC| VW tow bar|
    Mod highlights:
    ECU and DSG Tune| 3AA CCM and 7N0 Gateway| 3D colour MFD| MIB2 retrofit and 7N0 RVC| Quad LED tail, brake and indicator rings| Zimmermann Sportbrake rotors, composite pads| TPMS High| 2Q0 Blind Spot and RCTA| B8 rearview mirror|

Great work kamold. And thank you for documenting the process
    I'll be doing a set soon and they are my first b6 set. I've done lots of other cars before.
    The set i'll be working on are the d1s hid AFS and i'll be retrofitting bi-led projectors.
    Can you please confirm that the brackets you used are the ones needed in my case. Got any links?
    Also any advice on how to take the projector out is really appreciated
    TIA

The brackets are linked.
    They need a lot of modification to fit.
    The whole exercise is very fiddly to get it to work and if you can get the OEM projectors refurbished it would be much easier.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks for the quick response.
    I just noticed the link after replying. Sorry about that
    I know i might need to do some trimming in the brackets or even the projector itself and i don't mind that.
    I'm more concerned about the AFS. Does it still work for you?
    Did you need to perform any tasks using the Vagcom software?
    Also did you use any kind of error cancelers?

Thanks again

Yes AFS still works - provided you can get yourself enough clearance in there for them to move without fouling.
    Once you have them aligned etc you should run basic settings with VCDS to set new level position.
    No error cancellers - unless you use something other than regular 35w D1S HID globes.

Well that's exactly what i wanted to know
    Thanks again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123