Thread: B6 Passat Wheel Retrofit Options?

Users Country Flag

B6 Passat Wheel Retrofit Options?

Hey guys,

A while back I almost got a decent condition MK6R wheel for a decent price, however the seller couldn't sell it (assumably he found out what it was worth).

I'm not set on the MK6 Golf wheels as the B7 Passat ones look similar.. Am just wondering if they are swappable at all? I've got VCDS and these wheels can be had for a reasonable price.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well, looks like it's possible..

YouTube

Users Country Flag

The MQB PQ35/46 gen2 wheels (mk6 Golf, Mk1 Tiguan, B7 Passat etc) are pretty much the same:
    There are regular wheels, and the flat bottom sports wheels. With or without paddles.
    Airbags are specific to one or the other type.
    But otherwise the differences between the different sports wheels are cosmetic - different coloured stitching, and either black or silver trim.
    So you can use whatever sports wheel with paddles you prefer (the bottom badge can be swapped out eg GTI, R, R-line etc)
    Last edited by kamold; 04-02-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500