Thread: Ash's R36

Users Country Flag

Ash's R36

Hey guys,

Finally after months of searching, I now have my very own 09 MY10 R36 sedan and im loving it.

Shes pretty unmolested other then Alpine sat nav HU, VMR 19" wheels and the stock exhaust has been played around with a little (high flow cats, res delete).

When I picked up the car, i did notice it had a slight lifter rattle noise on start up and went away after a quick blip of the throttle and it wouldn't come back until you did another cold start. did an oil change with VW approved castol 5w30 (the oil that came out of the car was really dark and thin) and the lifter rattle is now 99% gone. will do another oil change soon and hopefully that clears out any gunk and coats the internals nicely but so far really happy with the results.

With the high flow cats installed I am getting an o2 sensor error code and car running rich code (can see it running rich when on full throttle) so hoping to get that sorted out with a tune.

Also the usual drivers seat bolster has collapsed so would like that sorted

Plan is to have a nice daily driver so a little low to get rid of the guard gap and a nice exhaust thats not barky/raspy up top

now question time:

Im in SE Melbourne (Heathmont area) and looking for recommended workshops to carry out regular servicing. The previous owner used to take the car to Volkwerks. Not 100% sure if I'll continue to take the car to them or try somewhere new that is high recommended?

Does anyone in Melbourne have a stock exhaust they would be willing to sell or swap for what I have as I would like to go stock for the moment till I decide what exhaust I would like to run or get made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ash's R36-20190323_162217-jpg  
    Last edited by Ashneel; 25-03-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Congrats on the pick up, I love that color (indigo or night blue??) and the VMR wheels look great.

I think in Heathmont you're just about equidistant to Volkwerke in Doncaster and Volkspower in Burwood. I've been to Volkspower and I've not a bad word to say about them - they don't seem to be as expensive a dealership but that said they're not 'inexpensive' either, though they seemed to do a good job on my car. They all have a fairly high mark up on parts and consumables. I have read good things on this forum about Volkwerke, I seem to recall, and there is a place in Bayswater that is even closer - Volkscare. Hopefully some others can chime in on these or other options as well. But I'd be tempted to - at least at first - go to somewhere that know the car and have worked on it before, and see what my impression of them was.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that. The color is actually Icelandic Grey.

Was thinking along the same line to go have a chat with Volkwerke and go from there.

I originally wrote Icelandic Grey but it just seemed too blue in that shot compared to other Icelandic Greys I had seen - great looking car anyhow!
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi guys, can someone please confirm for me the error code I'm getting?

P0056 heater control circuit. Is this o2 sensor? And if so is it the ones before cat or after cat?

Another question for those who have replaced cat with aftermarket cat, did your car throw a CEL?

Thanks