Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone sold an R36 recently?

Users Country Flag

Anyone sold an R36 recently?

Has anyone had any experience selling an R36 recently?

What was your experience?
    Did it take long (are they still in demand)?
    Did you get a good price (what could I realistically expect)?

I'm weighing up whether or not to hang onto mine for a while longer, or put it up on carsales and buy something new =/

... though I'm not that impressed with new car options atm - test drove a $90K Mercedes (had it overnight) and it still lacked some of the standard R36 features (eg. heated seat). The new Passat 206 R-line was quite disappointing too..
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Yep, I have a ferw months back in WA
    08 Biscay Blue Wagon. No RNS, sunroof or dynaudio.

Went fine, didn't have a lot of buyers, but those interested usually know what they're looking at and are quite serious.
    Quality over quantity I suppose. if it is an honest car it will sell quick.

Did it take long? No, took a couple of weeks and a couple of wee price drops that I'd factored in to the process anyway.

Price? Mid 20s, depends on the usual condition/km factors. Your extras are a pretty big deal to a person in the know, but won't make a huge deal to the person buying... I'd play on that as much as I could.

I sold it because I had to not because I fancied something newer, which puts my head in a different space to yours.
    But like you've noticed, the grass isn't always greener when you make a change.

I'd have mine back if I could, was a lovely car and went very hard for such a big bus.

Users Country Flag
    Just a question Why would you need heated seats in Brisbane Temp hasnt been under 30 for weeks. Cooled ones would be better.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Just a question Why would you need heated seats in Brisbane Temp hasnt been under 30 for weeks. Cooled ones would be better.
    5am going to the gym in winter I love the ball warmers.
    Vented as well would be nice in summer.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Vented and heated is where it's at which I have in the CC, miss the vented function in the r36

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tinto View Post
    Price? Mid 20s, depends on the usual condition/km factors.
    That's not bad. Similar price to what I paid 3 years ago, but before I retro-fitted the Dynaudio. ... They really hold their value well, I've always thought the R36 had a good chance of becoming a classic/collectors model.

Quote Originally Posted by tinto View Post
    I'd have mine back if I could, was a lovely car and went very hard for such a big bus.
    Yeah, that's my biggest concern. Something new and shiny would be nice, but I'd probably regret selling it and want it back..

My Dad owned a new 1971 Ford Mustang fastback in Canada and he still talks about it - I can tell he really regrets having to sell it. The R36 feels a bit like that.

.. It's probably worth taking some more time to think about it.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    True, but they do come in handy during winter, especially if you have sore muscles, or have strained your back playing with the kids Cooled seats would be awesome, but the Mercedes didn't have them either.

The seats were just the first thing that came to mind. The R36 also feels to have a more 'solid' build quality.

The Bermester stereo in the Mercedes was also pretty lame for all the hype, it had loud high-range, but the bass and mid-bass were terrible - even though it had 2 'subwoofers' in the dash, which happen to rattle the dash with only moderate bass (not enough to even feel).

I'd much prefer the 10-speaker the Dynaudio system in my R36 to the 13-speaker Bermester system in the Mercedes. The Dynaudio matches the Bermester's "bightness", while providing better staging and more punchy, authoritative bass. ... the 15kg of sound deadening I installed during the retro-fit probably helps too (I haven't listened to a factory installed Dynaudio for comparison).

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    Vented and heated is where it's at which I have in the CC, miss the vented function in the r36
    hmmmm... I wonder if it would be possible to retro-fit the ventilated seats into an R36?

Users Country Flag

Anyone sold an R36 recently?

Would be possible but would require multiple small holes in the material and a fan to be installed under the seat.

Not sure if anyone would go to the effort lol
    Last edited by rjt86; 13-03-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    Would be possible but would require multiple small holes in the material and a fan to be installed under the seat.

Not sure if anyone would go to the effort lol
    I think he may be referring to the whole seat assembly and not just the ventilation assembly. Same chassis? If so, could be possible as long as the mount holes are in the same place. Wonder if coding would be required for the seat heaters to function with different seats..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast