Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alltrack operating temp

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mc_Gusto View Post
    Well I don’t think it’s an airlock issue. Can’t be 100% sure but ive left the cap off overnight and it doesn’t seem to have cured it.
    Seems to occur mostly on cold days and only on the first time I start the car. Ie. if I run the car later in the day or switch the ignition off / on it seems to recalibrate to the standard 90 degrees Celsius

Weird and annoying but not a major issue really..when it’s due for a service I’ll see what the mechanic has to say I guess
    Same issue in my car as well. When car does dpf regeneration temperature drops to 75-80c but after regeneration process comes back to 90c.
    So far, no vw tech could explain me about this... Let be honest, i do not mind.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Interesting - good to know someone has the same issue...I think!
    What is DPF?

Users Country Flag
    Diesel particulate filter - for tdi engine.
    A diesel particulate filter (DPF) is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of a diesel engine.

2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Ok thanks

How do you know when the car is doing a dpf?

Users Country Flag
    Increasing rpm...then i switch to sport mode and drive with rpm around 2000.

So drove home tonight - freeway for approx 30 mins temp gauge hovered at the 70-80 mark. Oscillating between the two.
    Parked at the shops, 5 mins later jumped back in started up and the gauge sat on 90 as it should!
    Not really a problem but annoying me all the same!!

Interestingly it is doing that oscillating when I go up and down hills which makes me think it’s the airlock issue but I can’t seem to get the burping and farting to happen!

Interestingly it is doing that oscillating when I go up and down hills which makes me think it’s the airlock issue but I can’t seem to get the burping and farting to happen!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc_Gusto View Post
    Just screw the lid on halfway for a few trips so the system breaths. Put some tape on it so it doesn't vibrate off.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Hi

Just to explain my experience. Usually, temperature gauge was oscillating between 80-90C. During dpf regeneration temperature was dropping to 50-60C ???
    Together with all of that dpf regeneration become every day routine...
    Replaced dsg thermostat - totally another story. Temperature gauge stays on 90C. No dropping or oscillating temperature at all. Dsg regeneration is not every day anymore.
    Dsg thermostat cost 100$ and installation by dealer 150$...
    I hope this helps...

Last edited by saint70; 10-08-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123